Blackberry: Sync'd and newly created contacts do not show up

• DAVdroid v 2.0.4
    Blackberry Keyone, Android 8.1.0
    Synology DSM, CardDAV Server 6.0.9-0087

Installed as recommended: https://www.davdroid.com/tested-with/synology/. After (multiple) sync's the BB Contacts app still shows no contacts. When creating a new contact in BB Contacts app it can be saved, but does not show up. However, the newly created contact is sync'd to CardDAV server and my laptop (Windows/Outlook).

Have used the BB CardDAV-account with the same settings for comparison and contacts were sync'd (problem here is that I can open a contact just once and any further time I want to open I receive the error "contact does not exist"). Have also tried CardDAV-Sync free for comparison and this app works as intended and w/o any problems. Still want to stay with DAVdroid if a solution can be provided.

Thanks in advance for your support.

• developer

We got a message from another user using the Blackberry Hub who found this solution:

In the Blackberry contacts app in the preferences check all accounts (also accounts that don't have any address books).

Does that work?

• Awesome! That does the trick. Could replicate the error by switching on/off other accounts in the BB contacts app. No further issues after intensive testing. Thanks a lot for your quick response and solution. Great support!

• developer

Happy to hear that it now works for you 🙂

• Hi,
    I had been experiencing this "no-sync" bug to. Now I got an even more weird bug: Only some contacts are synced directly. For all of the others I need to change anything on the Nextcloud-serverside. After that they are synced. I really don't want to to this to all contacts. Any ideas?

Ok got that fixed through simply exporting all contacts from Nextcloud. Deleting that address-book and reimporting them. Now please, fix that dumb issue forcing me to have all accounts activated 😉

Thanks!

• @ipadmini22

Ok got that fixed through simply exporting all contacts from Nextcloud. Deleting that address-book and reimporting them. Now please, fix that dumb issue forcing me to have all accounts activated 😉

The Blackberry team needs to fix that 🙂

• Ok, I understand. Is there any technical information I can pass over to them? I do not have any difficulties with "in deep" and "programmer-like" explanations as I a do backend development myself but never confronted with contact/account management under android.
    I will then pass that information over to blackberry to let this issue be fixed.