Location of calendar settings storage on LineageOS 14.1 with Davdroid 1.11.4.1-ose?

• Hi, here is the nearly automated the process of :

• Listing of all (but the one attached to the gmail account-) calendars in a google account .
    • Entering them into Davdroid.

However one still needs to press the plus-symbol in Davdroid and hit <enter> after every calendar, so I think I can do better by just generating the settings data directly in excel, and transporting that data to the correct location on my (Android) phone.

Hence, I was curious if anyone could tell me where for example the "base-url" would be stored by Davdroid? (And/or if it is encrypted in storage).

Kind regards!

• developer

@unrel said in Location of calendar settings storage on LineageOS 14.1 with Davdroid 1.11.4.1-ose?:

Hence, I was curious if anyone could tell me where for example the "base-url" would be stored by Davdroid? (And/or if it is encrypted in storage).

1. The detected services and their URLs can be found in the service database:
      https://gitlab.com/bitfireAT/davdroid/blob/c0ff8f61f9e86955d5e6f0e6833477a779ee2973/app/src/main/java/at/bitfire/davdroid/model/ServiceDB.kt (you can see a dump of these data in DAVdroid debug info). You can write to this database directly, but of course wrong entries can cause erroneous behavior.
    2. Other information like the URL of a specific calendar is stored in those calendar's sync fields, for instance NAME for the URL. See https://gitlab.com/bitfireAT/davdroid/blob/c0ff8f61f9e86955d5e6f0e6833477a779ee2973/app/src/main/java/at/bitfire/davdroid/resource/LocalCalendar.kt for more information.

Does that help?

• @rfc2822 Wow thank you so much for your quick and elaborate response!

It helps a lot and it even made me aware of 2 critical notions:

• Perhaps, even though I manually can add the entry of a calendar in the 1st file, there is a counter or non-activated reference to that "calendar" somewhere else.

• The potential erroneous behaviour can work it's way back up into my actual calenders in the (google) server. Hence I should make a proper backup before engaging my attempts at a solution.

Thank you very much! If I am able to automatically add the calendars into the required files (before transfering those files {back} to the phone) I will Indicate it here. (Could be a few weeks.)

Kind regards!

• Dear @rfc2822,

The calendar copy process linked in the above github, is now automated for Davdroid V2.x (requiring 1 click, still contains 2 bugs). Therefore I will not use the files anymore to copy the calendars to Davdroid.

Bug 1: The calendar attached to gmail is not copied.
    Bug 2: The last calendar of the list contains an error in its link or description.

• In an attempt to make the synchronization a bit more fluent, I am trying to write the calendar settings directly into davdroid. However, I am unable to find the "ServiceDB.kt" file on my phone in LineageOS 14.1.

Now I can imagine that is because the ServicesDB.kt is compiled into the app. That would mean it does not itself contain the calendar settings, but I should be able to derive from that, where the calendar settings are stored. If that is true, I have yet been unable to derive that location.

Would anyone perhaps know the explicit file location in which the calendar settings of Davdroid are stored?

• developer

@unrel said in Location of calendar settings storage on LineageOS 14.1 with Davdroid 1.11.4.1-ose?:

Now I can imagine that is because the ServicesDB.kt is compiled into the app. That would mean it does not itself contain the calendar settings, but I should be able to derive from that, where the calendar settings are stored. If that is true, I have yet been unable to derive that location.

ServiceDB uses Android's SQLiteOpenHelper with a file called services.db. SQLiteOpenHelper uses Context.getDatabasePath(), so you can use that function to determine where your path is. In most times, it's /data/data/<app>/databases/services.db or something like that. But it may depend on your firmware.

• @rfc2822 said in Location of calendar settings storage on LineageOS 14.1 with Davdroid 1.11.4.1-ose?:

ServiceDB uses Android's SQLiteOpenHelper with a file called services.db. SQLiteOpenHelper uses Context.getDatabasePath(), so you can use that function to determine where your path is. In most times, it's /data/data/<app>/databases/services.db or something like that. But it may depend

Dear rfc2822, thank you once more for your quick response. Thanks to your tips I have been able to:

Thank you very much for your suggestions, once again, if I complete the automation process I will report it back here.