Getting different nextcloud user contact dialing a number from my phone keypad

• Hi Friends,
    using Android 5.1.1, Nextcloud 13.0.1 and Davdroid 1.11.5-ose,
    dialing a number (existing in the address book of a different nextcloud user, not mine) from my telephone keypad I get a different nextcloud user contact name .

For example, if I start to digit 1234567 and on the other Nextcloud user this number correspond to "foo" I can see on my display the icon with the name of that contact. If I touch on this contact icon obtain "non-existent contact".

Screenshot:

Upgrading Davdroid to 2.0.3-ose the behavior is the same.

Is not clear for me if this issue can depend by Nextcloud or Davdroid.

On my “.htaccess”:

Redirect 301 /.well-known/carddav /owncloud/remote.php/carddav

Redirect 301 /.well-known/caldav /owncloud/remote.php/caldav

many many thanks!

Davide

• developer

Hello,

Thanks for your report.

What do you mean by "address book of different nextcloud user"? Do you use shared address books? Which and how many address books are synchronized?

• admin

@danjde if you type a number in the calls app, it does not look on the server. It only looks up your local phone. Maybe there are some other address books on your phone. Maybe old cached Google contacts or something like that.

Remove DAVdroid. Then try to wipe your contacts storage (Android settings / Apps / Contacts storage / Wipe data). This will remove all your contacts from the phone (not on the server of course), also other contacts not accociated with DAVdroid will be deleted. Restart your device and then make a new account with DAVdroid. Maybe this helps you getting rid of these ghost-entries.

• @devvv4ever said in Getting different nextcloud user contact dialing a number from my phone keypad:

[...]
    Remove DAVdroid. Then try to wipe your contacts storage (Android settings / Apps / Contacts storage / Wipe data). This will remove all your contacts from the phone (not on the server of course), also other contacts not accociated with DAVdroid will be deleted. Restart your device and then make a new account with DAVdroid. Maybe this helps you getting rid of these ghost-entries.

Yess! This procedure effectively removed all ghost entries!
    In fact in the past the phone was used by my girlfriend who used a different phone book, always davdroid.

Many thanks for your help!
    I'm much quieter now that I know it does not depend on a Nextcloud/Davdroid information loss.

We are creating an association to provide Nextcloud/Davdroid for our members so they can use Android without Google. So a problem like this could be worrying! 🙂

Thanks again!