No CalDAV/CardDAV service found

• I know, this is a typical problem - but I'm in need of help here. I've had my NextCloudPi server up since January until the last 2 weeks, when I could no longer connect from outside my local LAN. The ports are open and the server is reachable via ping from outside, but the NextCloud admin web page doesn't serve up and Davdroid cannot connect. I re initialized NextCloud yesterday and still no good.

Ideas for checking the apache setup are needed. Thanks.

here's the Davdroid debug log:
    https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/cCWSxX39W7XtPPaphCKFQQ

• developer

Hello,

Thanks for the logs:

EXCEPTION java.net.SocketTimeoutException: failed to connect to MYSERVER/173.79.26.114 (port 443) from /192.168.3.135 (port 53978) after 15000ms
    	at libcore.io.IoBridge.connectErrno(IoBridge.java:185)
    	at libcore.io.IoBridge.connect(IoBridge.java:130)
    	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:129)
    	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:356)

It's a connectivity problem: DAVdroid can't make a connection to your server. Are you able to connect to your server using the browser on your Android device?

If the server is reachable via Internet, did you try another connection type (WiFi vs mobile data)? Is there a firewall that restricts connections?

• @rfc2822 No, I can't browse to the server from any device connected via Internet. On my local LAN the web pages serve up fine , and my Thunderbird calendar on a machine on the LAN will sync to the calendar on the Pi. However, I can ping the server successfully from the internet - both via direct IP address and the sub-domain name.

I do have a local DNS server running on another RPi on my LAN - Pi-Hole - to block ads. The Pi-hole logs don't indicate that traffic to the sub-domain are blocked. But the DNS blocking would be happening from DNS resolution requests from devices that are connected on the LAN, not traffic coming into the LAN.