new sync logic for increase of performance - what about nextcloud?

• Hello,

just made the update to version 2.0 but I can not see any increase in performance of contacts sync. I am using nextcloud 13.0.5 on a shared host. If I remember correct, you have written in a former post, that it is not working with nextcloud, correct?

• developer

@marteng69 Hello,

just made the update to version 2.0 but I can not see any increase in performance of contacts sync.

What exactly did you measure? Under which conditions?

The numbers from our release diagram are from tests with Nextcloud 🙂

If I remember correct, you have written in a former post, that it is not working with nextcloud, correct?

No. DAVdroid has always worked with Nextcloud. What's the actual problem?

• @rfc2822 said in new sync logic for increase of performance - what about nextcloud?:

What exactly did you measure? Under which conditions?

I have installed the new version. Stopped the DAVDroid app in the app settings. Restarted DAVDroid. Then opened settings - accounts - DAVDroid addressbook and chose sync all. After more than 2 minutes all contacts are synced. I can reproduce this behaviour on two devices.

The numbers from our release diagram are from tests with Nextcloud 🙂

The 500 contacts are in one addressbook?
    I do have more than 500 contacts in 13 different addressbooks on the same server. May be this is the reason why it is "slow" in my eyes.

No. DAVdroid has always worked with Nextcloud. What's the actual problem?

I remember a post were you were writing that nextcloud has problems with the parallel processing.
    My problem is that those 13 addressbooks need long time to be synced.

• developer

@marteng69 Yes, 500 contacts from one address book. Multiple address books have to be synced as multiple accounts, which takes much more time (most time is probably waited between the different syncs).

• @rfc2822 said in new sync logic for increase of performance - what about nextcloud?:

Multiple address books have to be synced as multiple accounts, which takes much more time (most time is probably waited between the different syncs).

If I look at the sync the time between the different addressbooks takes really long. The sync of the addressbooks itself is fast.
    Is there any possibility to increase the speed between the addressbooks?

• developer

@marteng69 Not that I'm aware of. The time is determined by the Android sync framework, which calls DAVdroid for the respective address book accounts.