Error 406 in version 1.5.5

• Hello, I'm receiving error "406 Not Acceptable" after upgrading to version 1.5.5, please see pictures below. First picture is from version 1.5.4, it has no problem synchronizing the first calendar, but version 1.5.5 can't synchronize and gives the error. It appears to be related to the presence of the equal sign on the downloaded .ics file. I can download it normally when I paste the calendar ics link on Firefox, so it's not a server problem. Have to keep using version 1.5.4 for now due to this error.

alt text

alt text

• developer

Hello,

This is a server problem. ICSdroid requests the iCalendar file (Accept: text/icalendar), while a browser usually requests Accept: */*. The server returns the iCalendar file with a MIME type other than
    text/icalendar (which is not correct) and thus sends 406 Not acceptable when ICSdroid requests the resource.

We could make a workaround but it's still a server problem.

Would it be possible to provide the URL (here or to play@bitfire.at)? Is the server under your control?

• developer

I have sent a version that sends Accept: text/icalendar; */*,q=0.9 over email. Can you tell me whether it works for you?

• @rfc2822, thanks, the modified version works with the problematic server.

• developer

The server sends:

> curl -vI <calendar-url>
    > HEAD /xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.ics HTTP/1.1
    > Accept: */*
    >
    < HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    < Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0
    < Content-Type: application/octet-stream,text/Calendar; charset=UTF-8

This Content-Type is wrong. Is it just an .ics file or dynmically created? In any case, the MIME type should be text/calendar.

• developer

Unfortunately, the workaround breaks other things (the reason why we have sent the Accept header)…

I wonder whether it's better to integrate it or not.