DAVDroid Account not showing up in account list of "stock android"

• Hi,

Not sure whether this is an android or a DAVDroid problem, maybe you can help me to narrow the possibilities.

Background Information:
    I have
    1.) a Xiaomi Redmi 4X Device with Stock Android (no custom OS installation or modifications) with the latest DAVDroid installed (1.10.1.1-ose)
    2.) I run a (tested) Radicale CalDAV Server at home and have installed the DAVDroid app (via F-Droid). Inside DAVDroid App, i have set up the connection to my CalDAV Server and DAVDroid shows up the calendar so the connection to the server is fine.

Problems occur when I want to use the CalDAV calendar with the "native" (i.e. stock) Calendar App of the Phone. In the calendar app I want (i.e. i have) to chose a "calendar account" but the DAVDroid account is not showing up in the list of available calendar accounts although it definitely exists.

(I did some other tests using the aCalDAV app and the aCalDAV account shows up in the list and is working with the phone calendar app).

Is there maybe a problem that DAVDroid has because it does not have permission to the system calendar storage? Any hints on how I could track down the problem?

Thanks a lot!

• developer

Hello,

Did you try the things mentioned on https://www.davdroid.com/faq/automatic-synchronization-is-not-run-as-expected/ (especially item 3)?

• Hi,
    I don´t think the items in the list are related to the problem i described. The DAVDroid app itself is running and there are no autostart or synchronisation issues.

I am still at the initial setup where I want to "integrate" DAVDroid into my android system, i.e. making the service that DAVDroid is offering, visible to the system or to the system´s calendar app.

• developer

@beaver said in DAVDroid Account not showing up in account list of "stock android":

I am still at the initial setup where I want to "integrate" DAVDroid into my android system, i.e. making the service that DAVDroid is offering, visible to the system or to the system´s calendar app.

Assuming that the calendar has been selected in the DAVdroid account, it will be created in the system's calendar storage as soon as the next synchronization is run. Until then, it won't appear. If the synchronization can't be run, the calendar won't appear.

Please try the things mentioned on the linked page. They're required for Xiaomi firmware (Xiaomi does not behave like standard Android).

• I solved the issue - thanks!

Just for the protocol:
    I checked the settings you mentioned already before and compared them to the provided screenshots - they were correct.

DAVDroid was not affected by Battery saving and permission to access calendar and contacts were granted. (There is one screen that looks different on my phone though and that is the "additional permissions" section. At your screenshots you enable permissions for "read tasks" and "write tasks". Unfortunately, I don´t have this menu items in my list of "additional permissions".)

I had to restart my phone and once manually trigger the synchronisation inside DAVDroid, then the events suddenly appear inside my calender app, even without adding the calendar account in my calendar app. I suppose that the problem was that I have set the permissions "to late" where DAVDroid had already tried to do a sync which presumably failed. Maybe thats why the restart and manual sync solved the issue.

Thanks a lot!

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.