All-day events displayed incorrectly (facebook calendar)

• Hey there,
    if I sync my facebook birthday calendar via ICSdroid the events (birthdays) are not displayed as all-day events but as "one-day" events, starting at 0:00am until 0:00am the next day. Therefor in every calendar app the cosume much more space. If I sync the calendar via my google account (what I want to avoid) the event is displayed correctly as all-day event consuming much less space in the app.
    Is there anyway to change this? That would be awesome!

Calendar has the following info:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    PRODID:-//Facebook//NONSGML Facebook Events V1.0//EN
    X-WR-CALNAME:Geburtstage von Freunden
    X-PUBLISHED-TTL:PT12H
    X-ORIGINAL-URL:/events/birthdays/
    VERSION:2.0
    CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
    METHOD:PUBLISH
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART:20180801
    SUMMARY:Jo Kos Geburtstag
    RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY
    DURATION:P1D
    UID:b100000000000541@facebook.com
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

Some screenshots:

2_1517307444184_Screenshot_2018-01-30-11-12-54-914_com.google.android.calendar.png 1_1517307444184_Screenshot_2018-01-30-11-12-51-142_com.google.android.calendar.png 0_1517307444183_Screenshot_2018-01-30-11-07-45-603_com.google.android.calendar.png

• developer

Hello,

@jokoo said in All-day events displayed incorrectly (facebook calendar):

DTSTART:20180801

This is not a date (although it seems so), but a date/time, because the default value type of DTSTART is DATE-TIME. A date would look like this:

DTSTART;VALUE=date:20180801

So, this VEVENT has been parsed and processed correctly by ICSdroid. The behavior can't be changed by ICSdroid because everything works as expected.

If you want these birthdays to be all-day, please contact the ones who generate these VEVENTs.

• Thanks a lot for your quick supply.
    This seems logical. But can you tell me, why both my Nextcloud and Google calendar (and also my android calendars after syncing via google) handle these events correctly as all-day events and display them accordingly and ICSdroid not?

• developer

@jokoo I guess they're repairing the property to type DATE because the value looks like that. But I can't know…

• @rfc2822 Does this link to the webcal help to identify that?
    webcal://www.facebook.com/ical/b.php?uid=<<hidden>>

• developer

@jokoo I just get the same data as you have posted above.

I don't see a problem here that I could identify.

• @rfc2822 Allright. I was just wondering (as both Nextcloud and Google seem to get it right). if this is a ICSdroid related issue. But I'm not an expert in this, therefor thanks for your effort!

• developer

@jokoo Please let us know when you receive a response from Facebook.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.