Duplicate calendar entries

• developer

For ICSdroid, you can only use logcat at the moment (the adb commands are the same as for DAVdroid).

Otherwise, you can post your calendar URLs here and I can have a look whether this can be reproduced here.

Edit: I just had an idea where the duplicated events may come from. Maybe the system calls ICSdroid sync multiple times at the same time (which should not happen). Working around this has fixed some mysterious "duplicated entries" problems, too…

• Hi,

as I have the same issue as others I followed the steps described above. I analyzed one specific calendar entry, it is 3 times visible, all parameters (beside Row) are identical except the "_id" parameter. I have uploaded the file ...

source are iCalendar feeds from TeamUp (www.teamup.com), if someone wants to reproduce that, it's a free team calendar.

Syncing calendar feed fails once in a while (I have supressed notifications from icsdroind), so it might be, that these duplicate entries are because of failed syncs?

BR,

Martin

0_1520366596786_calendar_events.txt

• developer

I guess this could have be worked around by https://gitlab.com/bitfireAT/icsdroid/commit/5abdcf7bb09f3fce1cf6a0a764803e1a271f0671 (helps at least for DAVdroid).

I have sent you an APK for testing, can you please report whether it now works for you?

• Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem: Many calendar entries are duplicated (some of them as often as 10 times). As I also see syncing issues from time to time, my problem might be solved by the commit you were referencing.
    I'm using the current version from F-Droid.

Could you also send me a build with the respective changes? I managed to build an updated apk myself, but I cannot update the existing installation as I can't sign it with the same certificate (and I don't want to loose my settings).

Greets and thanks for the effort,
    Frank

• developer

@fränk The patch is in ICSdroid since 1.5.5. Did you remove your subscription and add it again since you have updated to 1.5.5?

• @rfc2822 Sorry for my late reply. I had not tried re-adding all subscriptions (I actually wanted to avoid that). Anyways, I did it now and will report back if the error persists.
    Thanks for the support!

• Hi,

I also see this issue on my OnePlus3 running LineageOS 14.1. I'm using aCalendar+ as my calendar app.

What can I do to help you solving the issue? Unfortunately, I can't share my appointments as they are confidential.

Many thanks,
    meiser

• I'd really appreciate any feedback. Many thanks in advance!

• developer

@meiser Do you use the latest ICSdroid version? The detection of multiple parallel syncs started by Android is available since ICSdroid a few versions.

Otherwise, I'd need to be able to reproduce the problem so that I can have a look. We don't have duplicated events on our own devices and there are no other reports about that problem.

• @rfc2822 Yes, I'm running the lastest ICSdroid version. I'm not sure how I can narrow it down as I can't find the real precondition that triggers the duplicates.

• @rfc2822 Could you maybe provide a debugging version which saves all logs to the internal memory (e.g. /sdcard) so that we can narrow down the issue? It happened again, but I can't find anything in "logcat".

Thanks,
    meiser

• developer

@meiser At the moment, I do not have time for that 😕 Can you try with

setprop log.tag.icsdroid VERBOSE
    setprop log.tag.ical4android VERBOSE

on the device before logcat (adb shell, then the two setprop commands)?