Duplicate calendar entries

• I’m using ICSDroid (installed via f-droid) to sync my meetup.com, facebook.com, and kayak.com ICS feeds on a Moto X4, Android 7.1.1. After some time there are many duplicates of some events. It seems to affect all of the calendars. Right now I’m looking at 6 copies of the same event from Facebook, 4 copies of another event from Kayak, and 2 copies of an event from Meetup.

I’m not sure how to reproduce other than to provide my private URLs. Is there any steps I can take to try debugging the problem?

• developer

Are you using the latest version of ICSdroid?

You can have a look at the entries and maybe you find out something… see the adb commands at https://www.davdroid.com/faq/how-to-debug/

• I have the same issue, some events are duplicated four, five, six times. Using the link above leads me to debugging DAVDroid, not ICSDroid.

In ICSDroid, I also can't find extra logging or debugging options.
    How can this issue be solved?

• developer

For ICSdroid, you can only use logcat at the moment (the adb commands are the same as for DAVdroid).

Otherwise, you can post your calendar URLs here and I can have a look whether this can be reproduced here.

Edit: I just had an idea where the duplicated events may come from. Maybe the system calls ICSdroid sync multiple times at the same time (which should not happen). Working around this has fixed some mysterious "duplicated entries" problems, too…

• Hi,

as I have the same issue as others I followed the steps described above. I analyzed one specific calendar entry, it is 3 times visible, all parameters (beside Row) are identical except the "_id" parameter. I have uploaded the file ...

source are iCalendar feeds from TeamUp (www.teamup.com), if someone wants to reproduce that, it's a free team calendar.

Syncing calendar feed fails once in a while (I have supressed notifications from icsdroind), so it might be, that these duplicate entries are because of failed syncs?

BR,

Martin

0_1520366596786_calendar_events.txt

• developer

I guess this could have be worked around by https://gitlab.com/bitfireAT/icsdroid/commit/5abdcf7bb09f3fce1cf6a0a764803e1a271f0671 (helps at least for DAVdroid).

I have sent you an APK for testing, can you please report whether it now works for you?

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.