WhatsApp privacy settings

• @marteng69 said in Contact visibility changed by Davdroid:

I have tested the other devices and the problem is also solved.
    Thank you very much for the really quick solution!

Only some three weeks after that great solution WhatsApp changed the privacy settings for contacts. Now the setting for searching invisible contacts is removed and WhatsApp gets all contacts on the phone. For me it is a data privacy nightmare, because I do store contacts from people for I do not want to share their number with WhatsApp.

Does someone has an idea how to deal with that problem?

• developer

I have installed WhatsApp to a separate user account on my mobile phone. The other user account has no contacts in its address book, so no data can be transferred to WhatsApp.

However, if you're afraid of the privacy impacts of WhatsApp, I guess the cleanest solution would be not using it 😉

• @rfc2822 said in WhatsApp privacy settings:

I have installed WhatsApp to a separate user account on my mobile phone. The other user account has no contacts in its address book, so no data can be transferred to WhatsApp.

However, if you're afraid of the privacy impacts of WhatsApp, I guess the cleanest solution would be not using it 😉

Using a different account on the same phone is my solution too.
    Not using Whatsapp is no option.

• developer

I have found this app: https://git.angry.im/PeterCxy/Shelter

It allows installing apps in a separate work profile. Maybe you want to give it a try?