ICS Droid sets sync interval to "manual"

• Dear all,
    using ICSDroid on my Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) with Android 7.0 and "Samsung Experience 8.1." for a while now to sync a calendar.

For several months now, it seems like ICSDroid is "resetting" the sync interval to "manual". Every time I set it two say "two hours" it works as expected for a week or so, then all of a sudden I realize that that the interval is set to manual without me changing it.

Can someone help?

• developer

Did you try to whitelist ICSdroid from "battery optimization"?

• developer

We have found that "Maximum power saving mode" resets app sync intervals.

Can you have a look at https://www.davdroid.com/faq/automatic-synchronization-is-not-run-as-expected/#c249 (Maximum power saving mode) and tell us whether this describes/solves your problem?

• @rfc2822
    I have icsdroid 1.5.4 on android 7.1.2 (Resurrection Remix ROM) on ZTE Axon 7 hardware. When I try to save the sync interval, I receive a message "Autosync disabled". I have not found a way to set the interval or to even manually get icsdroid to sync (to a calendar feed without need to login). I have removed icsdroid from battery optimization (set to "not optimized"). App has calendar permissions. Even when I also give storage permission, it still does not save the autosync interval. What else can I do?

• admin

Maybe you can look into the Android Settings / Accounts / ICSdroid and maybe there is an option to enable Auto-Sync...

ROMs are very different sadly - everybody is cooking its own soup so we don't know all devices. In the basic unbranded Android there is a sync button in task navigation - maybe you have it too and it is switched off.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.