Deleting a single event of repeated ones does not work with Kolab

• I have connected my Google Calendar app to my http://MyKolab.com account.
    I do the following:

• create a daily repeating full-day event with three repetitions (resulting in three events)
    • sync to Kolab => the three events appear there
    • delete the middle event in Google Calendar
    • sync to Kolab. This should cause the middle event to disappear there. Instead, a second event appears there.

In the other direction, the symptom is different. To reproduce:

• create the same recurring event as above in the Kolab web client
    • sync to Google Calendar
    • delete the middle event in the Kolab web client
    • sync to Google Calendar again. This should cause the middle event to disappear there. Instead, nothing happens there.

If any of this is a problem on the Kolab side, please create a bug at https://issues.kolab.org or tell me s.t. I can create it.

• developer

1. The first problem seems to be this one: Issue 2229: Calendar: Deleting one instance of a recurring event (excluding), results in duplication of it.. As it seems, the calendar provider doesn't add an EXDATE when deleting a single occurence, but adds another event with STATUS: CANCELLED.

This behaviour is controlled by the calendar app/provider and not by DAVdroid. DAVdroid just gets two events from the calendar provider and so it syncs the two events.

1. Couldn't reproduce the second problem. I did exactly as you said – EXDATE was set by MyKolab and then the event disappeared in the calendar as expected. I guess that's because you're using the default Android calender app while I use the pre-installed Samsung S Planner app. I think this problem is an instance of Issue 21426: Support for complete EXDATE format in recurring events in Calendar / pim.

Basically, this is an Android bug again. In this case, DAVdroid could provide a workaround by rewriting EXDATE to a format that the Android calendar provider understands. I have opened an enhancement issue for this, see #82

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.