What is the security model for GfxTablet?

• My understanding is that the Android device is given a local network address, and connects to a UDP port on that address. One the "server" side, the driver listens for instructions at that port.

How is trust established between client and server? In other words, how do I know a trusted Android device is connecting to my PC, not some stranger's Android device?

Are any other connection mechanisms being considerd an/or viable, including authentication network connections (e.g. MOSH - SSH over UDP), Bluetooth connections or physical connections (e.g. USB) ?

• developer

@d3vid said in What is the security model for GfxTablet?:

How is trust established between client and server? In other words, how do I know a trusted Android device is connecting to my PC, not some stranger's Android device?

GfxTablet is a proof of concept. It is not under active development and there is no security model. However, you can block the port in your firewall.

Are any other connection mechanisms being considerd an/or viable, including authentication network connections (e.g. MOSH - SSH over UDP), Bluetooth connections or physical connections (e.g. USB) ?

Please feel free to fork the project and implement those things. If you want to develop it, I can also give you write access or transfer the project to our account.

• The firewall solution would certainly work on a trusted LAN, thanks for the suggestion. As a proof of concept GfxTablet definitely succeeds in demonstrating that we have are carrying functional drawing tablets around with us every day. Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.