Auto-sync problem with samsung A5 2017

Hi all,
I have a problem with DavDroid on my samsung A5 2017.
I have 2 accounts configured with 2 different servers (Zimbra and nextcloud) and the problem appears for both accounts.
So I think it is a problem of davdroid with my phone.
Moreover another installation on davdroid on another phone with same accounts does not present this problem.
So it is not a server problem ...

Back to my problem.
In fact all sync (calendar and contacts) are working great. I set auto-sync to every 60 minutes and everything is working well.
But when I reboot the phone auto-sync configuration is lost in dav-droid. I need to set sync interval back to 60 minutes again in davdroid configuration. And when I reboot, config is lost again.

I think, I have right permissions for calendar and contact.
I deactivated battery optimisation.
Sync is enable on my phone.
I have read things on the forum about starting davdroid at boot, but I don't have such options on my phone.

Please find here logs (before setting sync interval then after + journal file after reboot that show an exception).
https://pastebin.com/AVArKdkh

Any help would be appreciated because I want to continue to use this great app.
Flo

We have found that Maximum power saving mode resets DAVdroid sync intervals, see https://www.davdroid.com/faq/automatic-synchronization-is-not-run-as-expected/#c249. Maybe this is your problem?

Temporal relations are not necessarily causal relations.

@rfc2822
no I don't use it, so it is not related to my problem.
is there something I can do to help you understand the problem ?

@flomine I see. Then I don't have any idea, nor can I reproduce the problem.

@flomine DAVdroid relies on the Android sync scheduler. So Android is calling DAVdroid in the intervals you set to perform the synchronization. It must be a system component or other app that resets your sync schedule. Make sure that no other apps manage the global synchronization intervals. Samsung and maybe other manufacturers have developed a "maximum power saving mode". If this is activated (it can also activate itself automatically) it resets all sync config to manual (also the one you set in DAVdroid). The sad thing is these process does not set it back to the original value. Maybe this information helps you to find the cause of the reset.

One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. – Friedrich Nietzsche

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy A3 2017. Synchronisation is set to manual again and again. I don't use the maximum power saving mode neither.

Maybe a third-party package, some kind of power saver?

If you have any other idea why Android (or a third-party package) resets DAVdroid's sync intervals – please let us know…

Sorry, I have to correct myself: I changed the energy saving settings (no energy monitoring for DAVDroid) and now it seems to work fine.

Hi *
I have the same problem on Samsung A5 2017. I do not use maximum power saving mode, no energy monitoring is set for DAVDroid. For testing I switched off the energy management, but without success. Every time I boot the device the sync interval is back to manual
Is there any other idea how to isolate the problem ?

I am still investigating this problem but I don't find anything relevant. How can we check which other apps could manage the global synchronization intervals ?

It seems to be the Android firmware itself if it is happening on restart - if it is broken or errouneus there is no way to investigate it unless you can log the complete process of restarting the device. Then the process that sets everything to manual can be maybe isolated. We have never seen this problem occuring on restart and we can't reproduce it therefore on ourselfes with any of our many devices...

One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. – Friedrich Nietzsche

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.