Enhancement Request: Past Event Time Limit

• Don't get me wrong, I think ICSDroid is a brilliant piece of software, my suggestions are aimed to make a great product even better!

The idea about a "Past Event Time Limit" came to my mind while checking out another of your quite capable products "DAVDroid", which already seems to contain such a limiter. I think it would make a lot of sense in ICSDroid to limit the days to go back into the past as it would reduce the number of events to be processed as well as it would speed up things.

Again, just my two cents...

• developer

@webdb22 On the server side, such a feature is only available for CalDAV. So, ICSdroid would still have to download the whole resource and parse it to find which events are within the time interval and things wouldn't speed up.

• @rfc2822 Thanks for the explanation, makes sense! If ICSDroid can't omit downloading the whole .ics file, wouldn't a "time limit" at least lighten the burden for creating entries in the Android calendar (and in consequence speed up any application displaying this smaller calendar)?

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.