caldav sync with google doesnt work anymore

• developer

@kevin71246 What happens when you explicitly enter one of the specific other calendar URLs when setting up the DAVdroid account? This should work.

• Rather than lowering your account security for the entirety of your Google account by allowing basic auth, you can simply generate an app password from the Google Security manager:

1. Open the security manager: https://myaccount.google.com/security
    2. Under the “Signing in to Google” section, select “App passwords”
    3. Generate an app password for DAVx5
    4. Enter the generated password in the DAVx5 app

• developer

• @kevin71246 This other thread has your question and my answer to it.

• @rfc2822 Do you have an issue tracker somewhere? I found the source code in GitLab but I’m not seeing an issue tracker. I thought “Milestones” might be the right place but that page doesn’t load for me. I’d like to take a stab at fixing the ICSx integration for Google Calendar.

• developer

@Carlin No, please use the forums for the same thing you would use an “issue tracker”.

What yould you like to fix? Does Google calendar advertise the Webcal feeds? Which method do they use?

• Still doesn’t work for me.

Searching online, I found this document which states that the correct URL to use is:

https://apidata.googleusercontent.com/caldav/v2/calid/events

Where calid is the calendar id.

And it also mentions on that page that the endpoint we currently use is deprecated.

I used this endpoint, but only the contacts are being synced. I’m guessing this is because the endpoint is not properly supported?

It is interesting that the article was last updated July 2018, but in 2019, we are still using the old endpoint. Is this on purpose?

• @smac89 make sure to closely follow the official davx documentation for setting up Google calendar. It works for contacts and your primary calendar. The newer endpoint provided by Google is unsupported.

When I first set davx up I overlooked a key part of the url we’re supposed to use for Google calendars.

• @Carlin what would that key part be?

• @rfc2822 Just like Kevin, I have 2 additional calendars in my “Other Calendars”: they’re my wife’s. (I only retrieved my main calendar)
    You indicate to enter directly the specific other calendar URLs.
    Please can you specify a little more:

1. Is this url the private address in iCal format that I find in my wife’s google account (bottom of the “Other agendas” settings)?
    2. Where specifically should I fill in this URL? Maybe under webcal tab… how? If it is via the “Login with URL and username” section, do I have to enter my wife’s Google credentials?
    3. Is it necessary for my wife to give specific authorization to my gmail account for each of the other 2 calendars beforehand?

• Most sync issues are temporary. Don’t panic, everone. Usually, your account will sync again after a few minutes. I had the error message (“Sync is currently experiencing problems. Sync will be back shortly.”) on myandroid phone this morning. After about 6 anxious hours (not exactly “shortly”), the error self-corrected, and the sync function had returned to normal. Patience proved that less is more. But if you keep having sync issues, try the following solutions.

Manually sync your Gmail Account

Open your phone’s Settings app.
    Tap Accounts. If you don’t see “Accounts,” tap Users & accounts.
    If you have more than one account on your phone, tap the one you want to sync.
    Tap Account sync.
    Tap More More And then Sync now.

Or

Go to Settings → Accounts → Exchange → Incoming Settings and change the security type to SSL/TLS from SSL/TLS (accept all certificates) and there you go. All the emails, contact, calender will start syncing.

• @smac89 said in caldav sync with google doesnt work anymore:

I found this document which states that the correct URL to use is

No. The correct URL is here: https://forums.bitfire.at/post/9602