caldav sync with google doesnt work anymore
@kevin71246 What happens when you explicitly enter one of the specific other calendar URLs when setting up the DAVdroid account? This should work.
Carlin last edited by Carlin
Rather than lowering your account security for the entirety of your Google account by allowing basic auth, you can simply generate an app password from the Google Security manager:
- Open the security manager: https://myaccount.google.com/security
- Under the “Signing in to Google” section, select “App passwords”
- Generate an app password for DAVx5
- Enter the generated password in the DAVx5 app
@rfc2822 Do you have an issue tracker somewhere? I found the source code in GitLab but I’m not seeing an issue tracker. I thought “Milestones” might be the right place but that page doesn’t load for me. I’d like to take a stab at fixing the ICSx integration for Google Calendar.
@Carlin No, please use the forums for the same thing you would use an “issue tracker”.
What yould you like to fix? Does Google calendar advertise the Webcal feeds? Which method do they use?
smac89 last edited by
Still doesn’t work for me.
Searching online, I found this document which states that the correct URL to use is:
Where calid is the calendar id.
And it also mentions on that page that the endpoint we currently use is deprecated.
I used this endpoint, but only the contacts are being synced. I’m guessing this is because the endpoint is not properly supported?
It is interesting that the article was last updated July 2018, but in 2019, we are still using the old endpoint. Is this on purpose?
@smac89 make sure to closely follow the official davx documentation for setting up Google calendar. It works for contacts and your primary calendar. The newer endpoint provided by Google is unsupported.
When I first set davx up I overlooked a key part of the url we’re supposed to use for Google calendars.
smac89 last edited by
@Carlin what would that key part be?
Permafrost_39Cel last edited by
@rfc2822 Just like Kevin, I have 2 additional calendars in my “Other Calendars”: they’re my wife’s. (I only retrieved my main calendar)
You indicate to enter directly the specific other calendar URLs.
Please can you specify a little more:
- Is this url the private address in iCal format that I find in my wife’s google account (bottom of the “Other agendas” settings)?
- Where specifically should I fill in this URL? Maybe under webcal tab… how? If it is via the “Login with URL and username” section, do I have to enter my wife’s Google credentials?
- Is it necessary for my wife to give specific authorization to my gmail account for each of the other 2 calendars beforehand?