using caldav for syncing other programs?

• Hi there,

since last time I wrote, I'm really annoyed, that I can't synchronize/manage Firefox's favorites on my mobile.
    I found XMarks addon for Firefox for Desktop but theres no equivalent for Android, which is able to make use of a self-chosen server.

My idea: make CALDAV (or a new app) a universal sync-APP using the WEBDAV protocol (if possible).
    First stage: for chosen programs (e.g. browser, email) being able, to bring user data/profiles to a WEBDAV folder of choice, being managed or altered by desktop program, then applied to mobile device.
    Second stage: universal use for individual choosen files/folders/data/profiles.

Is this a possible and realistic wish? ;-)

Kind regards,
    herzAG

• admin

@herz_ag yes, thats possible with WebDAV I think. We've had a generalized WebDAV sync app in mind but right now we're focusing on CalDAV/CardDAV (It is based on WebDAV but still very different). So it will not come in the near future :) Nevertheless the idea of such an app was in our minds for long time. So if not somebody else is making it maybe it will be a new app developed.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.