I’m struggling with events prior 1950 not being rendered correctly on Android. It seems that DAVdroid is the problem here, as the very same calendar is rendered perfectly using aCalDAV. Following steps to reproduce:
- on the mobile phone created two events, the first on 25 August 1950, the second on 25 August 1949
- it doesn’t matter if these are recurring or single events
- it also doesn’t matter if these are all-day events or last for just a couple of hours, minutes, …
- synchronised with the CalDAV server
- both events are rendered correctly on the PC using Thunderbird/Lightning
- on the mobile phone, however, only that on 25 August 1950 is shown
- synchronising the very same calendar with aCalDAV, however, both events are now shown on the mobile phone
I didn’t determine the exact date but its somewhen between x.x.1949 and x.x.1950. This is the content of the first event, the second is identical but for the date and the summary:
PRODID:+//IDN bitfire.at//DAVdroid/1.7.1-ose ical4j/2.x
Clearly, this is a bug in DAVdroid, possibly related to some integer overflow or whatever. It seems that DAVdroid can’t handle its own events (both events were initially created by DAVdroid, see PRODID above) whereas aCalDAV renders the very same events perfectly well. Events initially created in Thunderbird/Lightning are also affected.
Any solution/help is much appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.