ZTE nubia requires autostart

1. Davdroid 1.6.5-ose from f-droid.org.

2. Nextcloud 12.0.0 server.

3. Android 6.0.1 with stock Contacts/Calendar and extra Etar app from f-droid.org.

4. Nextcloud-contacts and Nextcloud-calendar are correctly configured. I can use them smoothly on Nextcloud web interface.

5. I've successfully added Nextcloud account into Davdroid. I can see one contact addressbook and one calendar (with extra default subscription Contact Birthday). Refer to: http://imgur.com/a/zdj6J

screenshot

6. However, neither contact nor calendar from the image above show up in system stock Contacts/Calendar or Etar app.

7. Attached please find the log:

https://paste.pound-python.org/show/MO7cmjE41mzpO15DbJzO/ Apparently, the third line might be the blame in that it cannot find KeyStore.bks file.

• developer

The log message is not an error, just an informational message that there is no key-store for custom certificates.

However, neither contact nor calendar from the image above show up in system stock Contacts/Calendar or Etar app.

Sounds like the synchronization was never run yet. Did you give DAVdroid the permissions that it asked for? Did you have a look at the FAQ (e.g. Xiamoi device)?

Please provide the debug info (includes device info, which is important!), verbose logs (the complete logs) etc..

• However, neither contact nor calendar from the image above show up in system stock Contacts/Calendar or Etar app.

Sounds like the synchronization was never run yet. Did you give DAVdroid the permissions that it asked for? Did you have a look at the FAQ (e.g. Xiamoi device)?

My device is not Xiaomi but ZTE nubia. Anyway, I will try to read more on FAQ.

BTW, Davdroid is given to both Contact and Calendar permission in system setting.

I've tried to force manual sync in Davdroid for many times. But still no luck.

Please provide the debug info (includes device info, which is important!), verbose logs (the complete logs) etc..

Let me paste more logs as told in that link.

• @rfc2822 What you mentioned reminded my the truth: each time I try to manually sync, it only take 1 ~ 2 seconds, which is every abnormal. You are right! It does not sync at all.

You are right! I found that in my device setting Davdroid's autostart is turned off by default.

After turned on, the sync goes on smoothly (taking 3 minutes and giving sync status bar).

You saved my day!

• developer

Good to hear that it's now working! I have never heard of "ZTE nubia", but maybe we can add it to the FAQ.

• @rfc2822 I noticed it's added to the FAQ.

Although turning onautostart for Davdroid, resolves issue regarding syncing between Nextcloud and Davdroid, stock Contacts app does not show Davdroid address book.

I can now mange calendars from Nextcloud, Davdroid, and stock Calendar/Etar like a charm. However, the address book does not show up in stock Contacts app selection (only Google, Outlook appeared in the selection list).

Image shows available address books in system settings/accounts. You can see Davdroid succeeded in syncing Nextcloud contacts locally.

0_1502336676280_IMG_20170810_113820.jpg

The next image is the stock Contacts app selection panel, address books of the previous image does NOT show up here.

0_1502336691387_IMG_20170810_113906.jpg

The big-sized log is divided into two urls: https://bpaste.net/show/3f0cd8f5abcf and http://bpaste.net/show/fabc6a924860

BTW, when adding Nextcloud in Davdroid, it asks for Contact group method, namely Groups are per-contact categories and Groups are separate VCards. Which one should I choose? I cannot find information which method Nextcloud prefers.

• @dav , since Android 6 (if I remember well), no app will run by default, except the ones in the initial ROM. Anything you add won't start at boot, unless you authorize it in the per-app authorizations.
    I found out after searching why my music player didn't start anymore when I connected BT headset, while the stock one if set as default would...

You don't see the synced contacts in your default app ? You have to check at least one of the accounts, last screenshot looks like you didn't select any ? You might also want to select the default account (where new contacts are inserted). It should be in parameters, not in accounts in the default app.

And your last question : the group method depends on how you organize the contacts. If you have "categories" such as in Outlook, you probably want "Groups are per-contact categories", this will only use the category from the server for setting the contact's group on the device. The other option doesn't set any group in each contact, instead it creates entries for each group on the server.

• @rfc2822 @Mister_Slowhand

You don't see the synced contacts in your default app ? You have to check at least one of the accounts, last screenshot looks like you didn't select any ? You might also want to select the default account (where new contacts are inserted). It should be in parameters, not in accounts in the default app.

Yeah, from the image I posted earlier, I cannot find Davdroid address books in system default Contacts app. The others three in the image are Google/Outlook ones which I want to abandon.

In a word, Davdroid addressbooks does not show up in the list! The only solution I found is switching to 'True Contacts' app.

The drawback is 'True Contacts' does not integrate into my ROM (i.e. cannot connect to the stock 'Dialer' app).

• Sorry, I'm using Nubia OS 4 and I can't find the autostart options to make DavDroid work.

Can someone help me? Thanks !

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.