Wrong time in calendar

• Hi,
    I'm using Ragic DB. There is an option to export calendar.
    It creates a URL. In OSX, I import this URL and it works fine. Correct date and time (Europe / Brussels timezone) in iCal.
    However, when I use the same URL with ICSdroid, I get the appointment excactely 1 hour too late in my Calendar on my android phone (using google calendar to view).
    eg: appointment from 10:00 - 12:00 will be 11:00 - 13:00 through ICSdroid.
    Please advise...
    Thanks.
    Rik

• developer

Sounds like an invalid VTIMEZONE definition in your iCal. Have you checked it?

• In iCal, date and hour are correct.
    The wrong hour is with ICSdroid on Android phone, which I view through Google Calendar.
    All the other 'native' Google Calendars display correct hours.
    Any ideas?
    Maybe I can send the calendar link through a private message?
    Thanks

• developer

@Rik said in Wrong time in calendar:

All the other 'native' Google Calendars display correct hours.
    Any ideas?

Yes, many clients (incorrectly) ignore the VTIMEZONE definition and just go by the timezone name.

Maybe I can send the calendar link through a private message?

Please send it to play@bitfire.at

• developer

Thanks for the ICS file over email. Your file contains this timezone definition:

BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
    TZID:Europe/Brussels
    BEGIN:STANDARD
    DTSTART:19671029T020000
    TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
    TZOFFSETTO:+0100
    END:STANDARD
    END:VTIMEZONE

This definition is wrong and it doesn't contain a DST definition. So, ICSdroid is behaving correctly, while the other clients just ignore the VTIMEZONE. Please fix your iCalendar file (or contact support of the server which has generated it) and report this bug to the other clients.

• Thanks for your help, I emailed the developer of Ragic DB, I put you in CC.

• developer

As we have heard, the problem has been solved on the server side by modifying the VTIMEZONE definitions.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.