Contact visibility changed by Davdroid

• Hello,

I have on my nextcloud 12 multiple addressbooks, lets say 5. I sync them to my Android device and in the contacts app of android I set the visibility that I see only 3 out of the 5 addressbooks. After a few minutes I see all addressbooks again. I assume they are all back when davdroid tries to do another sync? I have updated to the latest version of Davdroid lately, before I was using version 0.9 (or 0.8?), something quite old - on that version everything was running fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    K.

PS: Had a short test against Owncloud 9.1.x and have the same issue there.

• admin

I suggest that you unistall and reinstall DAVdroid. Updating from 0.8/9 to 1.6 is quite a bit of difference and it can easily be that something goes wrong. Also DAVdroid does now support multiple address books per account – so (if the server is configured correctly) you can subscribe all your address books at once inside a single account.

• Hi,

sorry I probably wasn't precise enough. I did uninstall the old version and installed newly the new version. The multiple address books per account is one of the reasons why I wanted to switch. What do you refer to "if the server is configured correctly"? In owncloud/nextcloud I simply create my address books. I see the full list of address books in Davdroid, so it basically seems to work. It is just that visibility switch. I tried to produce a log, but I am not able to see anything relevant in it.

The generated config file is:
    0_1497421669381_debug.txt

• I did a test on https://demo.nextcloud.com in the assumption that these instances are configured correctly. I added the address book app and created two address books: book1 and book2. I created two contacts, one for each address book. Then I synced using davdroid. It showed the same issue, so I assume it is a general davdroid issue.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.