Contact visibility changed by Davdroid



  • Hello,

    I have on my nextcloud 12 multiple addressbooks, lets say 5. I sync them to my Android device and in the contacts app of android I set the visibility that I see only 3 out of the 5 addressbooks. After a few minutes I see all addressbooks again. I assume they are all back when davdroid tries to do another sync? I have updated to the latest version of Davdroid lately, before I was using version 0.9 (or 0.8?), something quite old - on that version everything was running fine.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    K.

    PS: Had a short test against Owncloud 9.1.x and have the same issue there.


  • admin

    I suggest that you unistall and reinstall DAVdroid. Updating from 0.8/9 to 1.6 is quite a bit of difference and it can easily be that something goes wrong. Also DAVdroid does now support multiple address books per account – so (if the server is configured correctly) you can subscribe all your address books at once inside a single account.



  • Hi,

    sorry I probably wasn't precise enough. I did uninstall the old version and installed newly the new version. The multiple address books per account is one of the reasons why I wanted to switch. What do you refer to "if the server is configured correctly"? In owncloud/nextcloud I simply create my address books. I see the full list of address books in Davdroid, so it basically seems to work. It is just that visibility switch. I tried to produce a log, but I am not able to see anything relevant in it.

    The generated config file is:
    0_1497421669381_debug.txt



  • I did a test on https://demo.nextcloud.com in the assumption that these instances are configured correctly. I added the address book app and created two address books: book1 and book2. I created two contacts, one for each address book. Then I synced using davdroid. It showed the same issue, so I assume it is a general davdroid issue.



  • Hello,
    @kalle said in Contact visibility changed by Davdroid:

    sorry I probably wasn't precise enough. I did uninstall the old version and installed newly the new version. The multiple address books per account is one of the reasons why I wanted to switch. What do you refer to "if the server is configured correctly"? In owncloud/nextcloud I simply create my address books. I see the full list of address books in Davdroid, so it basically seems to work. It is just that visibility switch. I tried to produce a log, but I am not able to see anything relevant in it.

    I can reproduce the error kalle is reporting and it is still there in the latest version of davdroid.

    Steps to recreate (german text):

    1. Goto standard contacts app.
    2. Select "angezeigte Kontakte" from the three-dot menu.
    3. Scroll down to "Personalisieren".
    4. Select only one or two of your existing contacts adressbooks and press OK.
    5. Only a few contacts from the selected adressbooks are shown.
    6. Goto Android Settings - Accounts - DAVDroid Adressbook - and start sync.
    7. Go back to standard contacts app and open again "angezeigte Kontakte" - "Personalisieren". The former deactivated adressbooks are reactivated and more than the previous selected contacts are shown in the app.

    While using CardDAV-Sync from dmfs this problem does not occur.

    Kind regards
    Martin


  • developer

    If you have an idea what could cause this behavior, please let us know!



  • @rfc2822 said in Contact visibility changed by Davdroid:

    If you have an idea what could cause this behavior, please let us know!

    If I would have any clue where to search for the cause, I would let you know.


  • developer

    I have sent an .apk for testing over email. Please let me know whether it works for you.



  • @rfc2822 said in Contact visibility changed by Davdroid:

    I have sent an .apk for testing over email. Please let me know whether it works for you.

    I have made a short test. With the testing build the problem seems to be solved. I will test with two additional devices and provide the results.



  • @marteng69 said in Contact visibility changed by Davdroid:

    I have made a short test. With the testing build the problem seems to be solved. I will test with two additional devices and provide the results.

    I have tested the other devices and the problem is also solved.
    Thank you very much for the really quick solution!

    And now: Happy New Year! everybody


  • developer

    Then this is solved by 65db706e. 🙂


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.