re-enable sync after failure due to deletion of a entry of a read-only calendar

• I am using multiple calendars from multiple users. My own calendar is writable only by myself. The others are read-only for me and mine read-only for the others.

When I try to generate an appointment in the calendar of somebody else (where I only have read access), the sync fails and is aborted. This may happens by accident. I can then delete this entry locally again and the sync works again.

When I delete a calendar entry of a calendar of somebody else that I have already synced locally before, the sync will fail afterwards and abort, too. In this case, I am wondering how I can fix this locally. How can I clear the local entries that are to be synced?
    I cannot regenerate the entry that I have deleted to allow the sync to work again.
    How can I make the sync work again without deleting the complete calendar locally?

• developer

• Set up a CALDAV server, here: Synology
    • Set up two accounts on the server, here: Alice, Bob
    • Set up two calendars on the server, here: Alice_cal, Bob_cal
    • set read-only access for Alice_cal for Bob and read-only access for Bob_cal for Alice
    • add some dates into Bob's calendar
    • Install a calendar app on Alice' phone, here: acalendar+
    • install davdroid on Alice' phone, add both calendars, use Alice credentials for both
    • sync both calendars on Alice' phone
    • use Alice' phone to delete one of Bob's calendar entries locally on Alice' phone
    • sync both calendars on Alice' phone ==> sync fails

Only workaround is, to delete the complete local calendar and do a full resync.

Feature request to solve this: the sync routine should ask the user if he/she wants to destroy the local changes and sync the server version to the local calendar. This would be like an "undelete".

• admin

In one of our next versions the user will have the ability to set a "read only" on the client side. Maybe this helps with your use case :)

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.