14 August 2019
I received again the synchronization error. Solved again by de-selecting - again! - Carddav.
And it is for exactly the same issue as before:
(printscreen taken 2 hours ago):
I know that I did not touch the phone as it was linked by usb on my desktop (hence always fully charged), and I was away 3 days without it (and with no one accessing my place): it was simply store there, alone in the dark…
There is something that triggers Carddav, but what ? … a mystery
(edit : all updates are manual, never auto. However, I recall having authorized several manual updates: an Android system update about “WebView”, “Booking”, “Visorando”, “Meteo France” and “Firefox”)
After a few hours of struggling, I have DAVdroid now running on my shiny new Nokia 3
There were a few gotchas which I was not aware of:
The installation from Fdroid says that DAVdroid does not need any specific rights. This is wrong. I found out by looking into the troubleshooting info, which showed a few items “permission: denied”. This probably also caused the “Synchronisation problems” that were also shown. After granting the permissions manually, synchronisations worked, but the account did not show up neither in Contacts nor in Calendar app.
You also must not ignore the message saying that OpenTasks is not installed. I thought I could do without task management. Wrong! After deinstalling DAVdroid, installing OpenTasks, granting permissions, rebooting and installing, granting permissions and Configuring DAVdroid again, things finally worked!
I hope this is not a FAQ that I overlooked
Thanks for this fine software,