It seem that there are all contacts gone after update to 1.5.0.1-gplay



  • Same issue here, but reinstalling and reconfiguring DAVDroid resolved it. It was strictly a sync failure, not a wipe; my server still had all my contacts. The fact that it was scary is a reminder that my server is overdue for a backup 🙂


  • developer

    The migration from DAVdroid 1.4 to 1.5 is very complicated and risky and there might be cases where it doesn’t work as expected. In this case, just re-install DAVdroid / add the account again.

    Unfortunately, we didn’t receive a single beta test feedback for 1.5, so we could only do our own test cases (where everything worked).



  • Same problem with the 1.5-ose. I’ve tried to remove the account and add it again, but didn’t work. Downgraded to 1.4 and works fine


  • developer

    @enrico Did you try uninstalling DAVdroid and install it again?



  • @rfc2822 no, because I didn’t read your post. I’ll try to update and reinstall the app.



  • It doesn’t work. 1.5 don’t syncs my contacts with my google account. I’ve completely removed the app and reinstalled it. It still doesn’t work.

    All fine with 1.4.

    Ps. I’m really sorry to see that I’m a bit Off Topic because I’m using a MEIZU (Flyme OS) without Google Services. This thread seems for the CyanogenMod


  • developer

    @enrico I see.



  • @devvv4ever I installed it from a fresh install of LineageOS when I had the problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem. I notice when I tell it to manually sync, the horizontal status crawler under the collection only flashes briefly before disappearing.


  • developer

    @pbryan said in It seem that there are all contacts gone after update to 1.5.0.1-gplay:

    @devvv4ever I installed it from a fresh install of LineageOS when I had the problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem. I notice when I tell it to manually sync, the horizontal status crawler under the collection only flashes briefly before disappearing.

    That’s normal behavior on Android 6/7, which waits some time until the address book sync requests are processed. How long did you wait?

    You can also have a look in Android settings / Accounts / DAVdroid address book / and then the respective address book. There should be a Contacts synchronization for each account, and you can see when the last sync of this address book was initiated. If there’s a non-rotating arrow symbol, a sync is still pending.



  • @rfc2822 I’m still waiting. 🙂


  • developer

    @pbryan Can you please post a screenshot of the respective account in Android settings / Accounts / DAVdroid address book accounts / <address book>? Is there “Contacts”, and is it enabled, and is there an arrow, and is it rotating?



  • Watching the server, I see no HTTPS requests on it when I tell it to synchronize. I did see it perform PROPFIND discovery when I added the calendar to DAVdroid.



  • 0_1490991900116_screenshot.png



  • 0_1490991959482_screenshot.png



  • @pbryan Not rotating, even after I attempt manual sync.


  • developer

    @pbryan What happens if you tap “Contacts” (Last synced …) ?

    Also, verbose logs of what happens when a sync of the DAVdroid is forced would probably be very helpful…



  • @rfc2822 Tapping the Contacts just shows the second screen, which indicates what’s enabled (calendar and tasks?). Here is a log output:

    ----- davdroid-8992-20170331-133615.txt

    2017-03-31 13:36:21 415 [syncadapter.SyncAdapterService$SyncAdapter] at.bitfire.davdroid.addressbooks sync of Account {name=Contacts, type=bitfire.at.davdroid} has been initiated.
    PARAMETER #1 = ignore_settings
    PARAMETER #2 = force
    PARAMETER #3 = expedited
    PARAMETER #4 = ignore_backoff
    2017-03-31 13:36:21 417 [syncadapter.SyncAdapterService$SyncAdapter] org.dmfs.tasks sync of Account {name=Contacts, type=bitfire.at.davdroid} has been initiated.
    PARAMETER #1 = ignore_settings
    PARAMETER #2 = force
    PARAMETER #3 = expedited
    PARAMETER #4 = ignore_backoff
    2017-03-31 13:36:21 416 [syncadapter.SyncAdapterService$SyncAdapter] com.android.calendar sync of Account {name=Contacts, type=bitfire.at.davdroid} has been initiated.
    PARAMETER #1 = ignore_settings
    PARAMETER #2 = force
    PARAMETER #3 = expedited
    PARAMETER #4 = ignore_backoff
    2017-03-31 13:36:21 417 [AccountSettings] Account Contacts has version 6, current version: 6
    2017-03-31 13:36:21 416 [AccountSettings] Account Contacts has version 6, current version: 6
    2017-03-31 13:36:21 417 [syncadapter.TasksSyncAdapterService$SyncAdapter] Task sync complete
    2017-03-31 13:36:21 416 [syncadapter.CalendarsSyncAdapterService$SyncAdapter] Calendar sync complete
    2017-03-31 13:42:07 1 [App$ReinitLoggingReceiver] Received broadcast: re-initializing logger
    2017-03-31 13:42:07 1 [App] Verbose logging: false


Log in to reply
 

Similar topics