InvalidDavResponseException: Expected 207 Multi-Status, got 200 OK

• I'm using Davdroid since a long time now and it had worked very fine. Recently sychronization stopped working and I get an InvalidDavResponseException (see below). This happens only for accounts on a Horde Server (v5.2.13). I didn't change the configuration and only kept DAVdroid up-to-date.

The error appears for calender and tasks.

I have another Android phone were sychronization still works with an old version of DAVdroid (3.x). Thus I tried to downgrade on my (first) phone but this did not fix the error.

Next, I created a new DAVdroid account using the same settings as an existing account. The error message "Couln'd refresh collection list" appears.

I could narrow down the steps to reproduce the error message to tapping on "refresh calendar list" in the CalDAV context menu in the account settings.

SYNCHRONIZATION INFO
    Synchronization phase: 1
    Account name: account1
    Authority: com.android.calendar

EXCEPTION:
    at.bitfire.dav4android.exception.InvalidDavResponseException: Expected 207 Multi-Status, got 200 OK
    	at at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.assertMultiStatus(DavResource.java:324)
    	at at.bitfire.dav4android.DavResource.propfind(DavResource.java:277)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager.queryCapabilities(CalendarSyncManager.java:91)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.performSync(SyncManager.java:142)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.CalendarsSyncAdapterService$SyncAdapter.onPerformSync(CalendarsSyncAdapterService.java:70)
    	at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java)

SOFTWARE INFORMATION
    DAVdroid version: 1.4.0.3-ose (138) Mon Feb 20 01:10:19 CET 2017
    Installed from: org.fdroid.fdroid
    JB Workaround installed: no

Android version: 4.2.2

... and tasks:

SYNCHRONIZATION INFO
    Synchronization phase: 1
    Account name: account1
    Authority: org.dmfs.tasks

EXCEPTION:
    at.bitfire.dav4android.exception.InvalidDavResponseException: Expected 207 Multi-Status, got 200 OK
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.TasksSyncManager.queryCapabilities(TasksSyncManager.java:89)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.performSync(SyncManager.java:142)
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.TasksSyncAdapterService$SyncAdapter.onPerformSync(TasksSyncAdapterService.java:78)
    	at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java)

new account, same error, different location:

EXCEPTION:
    	at at.bitfire.davdroid.DavService$RefreshCollections.run(DavService.java:242)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

• developer

Seems to be a server problem. Did you ask Horde support?

• hmm, if it is a server problem, why the second phone still works?

• ok, issue solved!

It was a problem with Horde. I shared a calendar with another user who is on another server. Every time I clicked the calendar in the web interface, I was logged out. After a while the link to the problem described here came into my mind. Now problem is fixed.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.