read-only calendars

• Hi,

I share my calendars with my wife. Sometimes it happens that she or I do not take care in which calendar we write our appoinments and so we write in the other presons calendar which is read only. This results in an ugly error message when syncing.

Would it be possible to change that into a nice notification which tells even someone who is not so much into syncing and all this stuff what happened and what would be the solution? Possible even with an offer to simply move that entry to another calendar?

Like:
    Warning:
    Appointment: xyz on date, time
    was entered into calendar ABC. This calendar is synced read-only to this device. Probably you wanted to save this entry into another calendar.
    [Ignore][Move entry to calendar [select box]]

regards
    Daniel

• i18n

If your server indicates that the calendar is read-only, DAVdroid should mark that as read-only, preventing calendar apps to write events.

Concerning calendars, DAVdroid already sets read-only CalDAV calendars (which are shown as read-only in DAVdroid) to read-only in the Android calendar storage, so calendar apps can't make changes (with works with the tested calendar apps).

So maybe you need to tell what error is shown or provide a verbose log.

• Hi,

I got a log but I do not feel confident enough that I stripped it down of any confidential information. Can I send it to some mail address?

Here is probably the most interesting part:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>[LF]
    <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">[LF]
    <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception</s:exception>[LF]
    <s:message>Calendar does not exist or no permission to edit</s:message>[LF]
    <s:sabredav-version>1.8.12</s:sabredav-version>[LF]
    </d:error>[LF]

I wonder how I can find out if the calendar shows itsself as read only to davdroid. As calendar app I use business calendar - full paid version - my wife uses acalendar and has the same problem. So it seems like this is rather a horde issue?

I opened a ticket here:
    https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/14598 - would be great if you guys could check the feedback and act if necessary ...

regards
    Daniel

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.