java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when synchronising calendar

• I have a problem synchronising my calendar with DAVdroid.
    Whenever I start the synchronisation, I get the error message
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 8204 byte allocation with 748 free bytes and 716B until OOM

the whole error message is uploaded here. Log File is here.

I have two accounts, a private owncloud server and a business account (firstname.lastname @ uni-hannover . de). The error occurs with the business account.

I use a Motorola G2014 ("Titan") with Cyanogenmod 5.1.1 and the recent DAVdroid version 1.4.0.3-ose.
    According to my phone, I have about 300MB of free RAM.
    The synchronisation worked last time on Dec. 19th 2016. I still have periodic calendar entries from before that date, but no new calendar entries. I did not change the server settings since then.
    My calendars are recognized correctly and the contacts synchronisation with DAVdroid with the same account works.

Could the error be related to the line
    "2017-03-19 19:04:28 3 [syncadapter.CalendarSyncManager] Downloading 17 events"
    where the downloaded events in sum are too big? I am able to synchronize the calendar with Thunderbird lightning without problems.
    I am open to any suggestions.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.