GfxTablet and libinput

• Using libinput and gfxtablet at the same time don't work. Libinput tries to use networktablet and fails doing so. The cursor doesn't move and clicking does nothing.
    /var/log/Xorg.1.log complains about that it can't handle the tablet device because of an internal bug.

To solve this you need to add a configuration file, per example 30-gfxtablet.conf, to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ with the following:

Section "InputClass"
           Identifier "evdev tablet catchall"
           MatchIsTablet "on"
           MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
           Driver "evdev"
    EndSection

• Don't forget to restart XOrg after adding the configuration file.

• Is there no way to do this without evdev installed? I've been trying to keep everything to libinput.

• @parkerlreed I'm sorry but you're wrong here. I'm not a developer. Please make a new topic (search before) with your feature request.

• i'm having trouble.. i got this working for a moment, then on reboot it stopped working. and i'm not sure why.. here is my xorg.0.log file:

0_1504564717733_Xorg.0.log

i had to create the xorg.conf file mentioned above and it worked. but when i rebooted the computer, the file was just gone, and a xorg.conf.MMDDYYYY file was put in its place.. there are now three of them.. each for a different day.. what's going on? i think xorg.conf is deprecated.. :-/

• @orbitallogic I haven't altered xorg.conf. Make a new file in the xorg.conf.d folder https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xorg#Using_.conf_files

lucki@Archlinux ~ % cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-gfxtablet.conf 
    Section "InputClass"
    	Identifier "evdev tablet catchall"
    	MatchIsTablet "on"
    	MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
    	Driver "evdev"
    EndSection

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.