DAVDroid crashes after changing a lot of contacts on server side

• Hello,

after changing 100+ contacts on owncloud, DAVDroid creches on sync. Is it possible that to much changes are transferred at once (similar to one of the problems from Issue #16)?

In moment I use DAVDroid 0.3.5-alpha from f-droid. Pleas give me a sign whether I should wait for an update to test or recreate the DAVDroid account.

• developer

I think that the crash is due to a TransactionTooLargeException, again. I have decreased MAX_OPERATIONS_BEFORE_COMMIT to 25 for either downloading new as well as update resources, so I hope this will be gone with 0.3.6-α that will be released soon (please test again).

• Hello,
    i have same issue. 100+ contact on davical server and DAVdroid crashes. Installed version 0.3.6-a from f-droid repo.
    Here is logcat's exception:
    W/dalvikvm( 5164): threadid=12: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x41b5a700)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): FATAL EXCEPTION: SyncAdapterThread-1
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): java.lang.NullPointerException: lock == null
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:64)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:122)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:59)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.Contact.parseEntity(Contact.java:123)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.RemoteCollection.multiGet(RemoteCollection.java:83)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.synchronize(SyncManager.java:138)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.DavSyncAdapter.onPerformSync(DavSyncAdapter.java:54)
    E/AndroidRuntime( 5164): at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:257)
    I/Process ( 5164): Sending signal. PID: 5164 SIG: 9

• developer

@maddoxik I don't think this is related to the 100+ contacts, but it should be fixed in 0.3.7.

• Ok, thanks a lot for your work!

• admin

If it is not fixed please reopen!

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.