Calendar sync error with already removed item

• I have had a calendar item that I removed some time ago from the server-side, but for some reason that removed item never got removed from my Android. SO I manually removed the item from my Android. On the very next sync attempt of DAVdroid, I got an error. Ever since then each sync attempt results in this error, and no calendar events get sync'd anymore.

http://paste.fedoraproject.org/531685/84936554/

What can I do to resolve this error and get back to sync'ing my calendar on my Android?

Thanks for your help.

• developer

@ganglia said in Calendar sync error with already removed item:

I have had a calendar item that I removed some time ago from the server-side, but for some reason that removed item never got removed from my Android.

The event is a recurring event starting on 24.8.2016 14:00 GMT: DTSTART;TZID=Etc/GMT:20160824T140000, which is repeated weekly (RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;WKST=MO;UNTIL=20170117T140000Z;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=WE).

So, instances are at 14:00 GMT, too, but the excluded instances of your event are all at 15:00 GMT: EXDATE:20161130T150000Z,…

This would explain why those exclusions are not shown on your Android device. If you take a set of all 14:00 GMT instances and remove the 15:00 values, the set stays the same, i.e. actually no instances are excluded.

SO I manually removed the item from my Android. On the very next sync attempt of DAVdroid, I got an error. Ever since then each sync attempt results in this error, and no calendar events get sync'd anymore.

For an unknown reason, your server returns 500 Internal server error. Please contact your server vendor/support about this, because it does not seem to be a DAVdroid problem.

What can I do to resolve this error and get back to sync'ing my calendar on my Android?

A quick solution should be to delete the whole recurring event (not only an instance) on your Android device, which should DELETE it from your server, too.

Which server software do you use?

• @rfc2822 said in Calendar sync error with already removed item:

@ganglia said in Calendar sync error with already removed item:

A quick solution should be to delete the whole recurring event (not only an instance) on your Android device, which should DELETE it from your server, too.

Which server software do you use?

I didn't want to do what you suggested, but as I thought it through, your recommendation makes sense. On my Android I went back to the date of the original appointment (24 Aug 2016), and deleted all recurring instances of the appointment. Now all the instances of the appointment are indeed deleted, both on the Android and on the server-side. And my Android doesn't throw an error anymore. I can sync my calendar successfully again.

My company uses MicroFocus (Novell) GroupWise.

Thanks so much for your guidance.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.