No sync settings for calendar & contacts

• Hi Team,
    I have installed DavDroid on my phone and tablet.
    The phone-install allows me to choose the sync period for calendar & contacts.
    However, the tablet-install does not.

The task-sync settings are available on both devices and set to once-a-day (i.e. every 1440 minutes). I would like to have the same for calendar & contacts.

I have double-checked the sync settings to make sure sync-ing is enabled on both devices.

The phone is HTC M8i and running Android 5.01.
    The tablet is Asus-300-something and running Android 6.
    I'm not in a position to install a different Android version on both devices.

Anyone an idea what to do about this?

Thank you - Will

• developer

Hello,

The phone-install allows me to choose the sync period for calendar & contacts.
    However, the tablet-install does not.

What does it mean that it does not allow to choose? Can you make a screenshot?

Please also provide debug info for the tablet.

• Please find attached the image and debug info.
    As seen in the image, the sync intervals for calendar and contacts are grey-ed out and cannot be changed.

0_1483953002574_Screenshot_20170109-095512.jpg 0_1483953012903_debug.txt

• developer

In recent versions, there were some changes which now activate calendar and contacts sync by code instead of XML. I guess this is related… however, I can't reproduce the problem on any of our devices (and I can't imagine what the actual problem could be – maybe some vendor specific incompatibilities).

• @rfc2822 That being said - what could be a next step to solve this?

• developer

@NogNeetMachinaal Without being able to reproduce the problem, there's nothing much I can do. I can try to guess around, revert some (useful and necessary) changes and send an APK to you which could work.

• developer

@NogNeetMachinaal I have sent an .apk for testing to your forum email address.

• developer

Should be workarounded with DAVdroid 1.3.7.1, please write here if it still doesn't work.

• Just finished testing and this one is working!
    You can consider this one solved.
    However, if you need some more information on this, let me know.

Thank you for the support.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.