Left button always clicked && I cannot draw in GIMP.

• I have three problems here.

1. After I started the app and did the settings, the working area on my Android device is always very small. I looked in the code and found that it's initialised to 128x128. I modified it to the correct resolution of my tablet and this problem is solved.

2. While I can move the cursor around by touching the tablet, it behaves like I'm moving a mouse with its left button clicked. When I move the cursor over some text, they're selected. Even if I touch carefully, it's the same case.

3. After I've done the settings with GIMP, I still cannot draw with the tablet. I can move the cursor around but cannot draw anything. It's like the left button of the mouse is broken.

Environment: xorg-server 1.13.0, Linux 3.2.0-32-generic x86_64 Ubuntu, Linux Mint nadia (Ubuntu quantal).

Tablet: Acer Iconiatab A500, Android 4.0.3, Linux 2.6.39.4+

• Assuming from demonstration video XorgTablet was written & tested specifically for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 which has wacom-driven stylus; such device can detect stylus hovering over canvas and stylus has 1024 pressure levels (afair).

2:
    When you're using tablet without this functionality you do may not have "hovering" level of pressure. So when you touch screen even slightly it just sends "pressed" -> like mouse button with its left button clicked. Can you confirm your device support hovering? As far as I can tell it probably doesn't.

3:
    If you're referring to mouse as real mouse: when you setup Gimp to use NetworkTablet0 as input real mouse clicks stop working, I can confirm this, same happens to me (any Gimp user with real wacom tablet can confirm this as expected?).

If you're referring to mouse as tablet input firstly check APK from #1 (it fixes pressure detection for Note 10.1), if you cannot install it you must have adb on your desktop and do:

adb uninstall com.gimpusers.xorgtablet

and then install this APK.

• For the 3rd problem, I was referring to the remote tablet, not the real mouse.

I think the second is due to that my tablet actally lacks the support of stylus hovering. It does not come with a stylus.

Thank you very much for this driver anyway. I will try again if I get a proper tablet in the future.

• @aenon I think there is possibility to make it work under non-stylus touch screens. Android touch screen API reports pressure level based on how large part of your finger/capacitive stylus touches screen.

I've tested it on nexus 7 with both finger and Puro stylus. Both results look promising.

I think there's possibility to add some "calibration" values to settings to define "hover" threshold & max pressure cutoff, then recalculate it and send to xorg driver calibrated value...

Puro stylus was able to send values < 0.10 when it was touching screen with only it's own weight but maximum pressure I was able to achieve was around 0.40. While lowest result for fingers were about 0.15 when I was using my nail up to 1.2 using whole fingertip.

Knowing that this will NEVER be as accurate as actual S-Pen it is still promising and worth try in my opinion.

• It seems my tablet is similar to a nexus 7 while mine doesn't work so well. Can you point out more specifically how I may modify the programme to make it work?

• If you have android programming experience it should be fairly easy to add threshold settings and then recalculate pressure in CanvasView class touch & motion events.

For starters uncomment

Log.i("XorgTablet", ...

loggers and watch pressure output with logcat.

• Sorry, how do I compile and get the apk file? The SDK says "Your project
    contains error(s)..."

• I added a setting in my branch that lets you configure a minimum pressure threshold for clicking in order to emulate the hovering of a digitized stylus when you're using a capacitive stylus.

• ActionBar Button or Tab to switch from press and release. I think I'll take a look at it.

• developer

New protocol and driver, please re-open if this bug still exists.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.