Posteo and DAVDroid

Hi all,

I'm actuallyusing DAVDroid on my phone and I was thinking to get a Posteo account. I have read here:

https://davdroid.bitfire.at/configuration/posteode/

that posteo has porblems in syncing contacts and other issues. Are these issue solved? If not, I'd rather look for another provider, as I prefer not to give up on DAVDroid.

Thanks is advance for your response.

Sadly, we've not received any update on the issues we reported to them, so I guess they're not fixed. Nevertheless: contacts and calendars work basically and can be synced, however only to a certain extent. DAVdroid is supporting dozens of providers - almost no one is completely error-free, because CalDAV and CardDAV are very complex protocols and hard to implement. If you'd ask for a personal opinion: I'd use Kolab Now, we've had the best results with it. Of course any provider mentioned on our configuration page can be used, all do work!

One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. – Friedrich Nietzsche

Hi,

thanks for your fast reply. I think I'll go with mailbox.org then, as it seems to be less problematic.

Have a nice day!

E.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.