Will the null null issue on Xperia Z3, Z4, Z5 ever be fixed?

• I take my reference from the FAQ:
    https://davdroid.bitfire.at/faq/entry/sony-contact-editor-problems/

I am having that issue on a z5 and everytime i try to create a contact, if i put a name and number it wont save the name and will replace the name with the number.
    If i put only a phonetic name, then it will save as a normal name.

Will this issue ever be fixed?

If not, the alternative address book to use 'True Contacts' has not been updated for more than a year and i am using android 6.0.1

Please if there is an alternative app to use that will work and that is safe.. please recommend or please could you fix the bugs?

• developer

Hello,

@FjLHh0 said in Will the null null issue on Xperia Z3, Z4, Z5 ever be fixed?:

Will this issue ever be fixed?

This can't be answered here, you would have to ask Sony because it's their bug. Honestly, I doubt they will fix it, but there are chances that the bug isn't present in newer (Sony-branded) Android versions anymore.

If not, the alternative address book to use 'True Contacts' has not been updated for more than a year and i am using android 6.0.1

Is it usable? Otherwise, there are plenty of address book apps in the stores, but I haven't tried them personally. Of course, you can also use a custom ROM like CyanogenMod which will fix the problems caused by proprietary Sony code.

… please could you fix the bugs?

As said above, this is a Sony bug. Please ask them to fix the bugs.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.