DAVDroid only downloads calendars events during synchronisation.

• Hi there, this reports to DAVDroid 1.3.3.1-ose running on Android 7.0.

I have an ownCloud account registered and synchronisation configured for every new event and every 120 minutes. During synchronisation DAVDroid is correctly fetching new events registered with the ownCloud calendar, but it is not sending the events created on the Android system on which it is installed.

The behaviour is the same if I trigger the synchoronisation manually. New upstream events are downloaded but none is uploaded.

Thank you.

• developer

Hello,

1. Please provide steps to reproduce, debug info and verbose logs.
    2. Did you enter the events into the correct calendar? You have to select the DAVdroid account in your calendar app, otherwise you insert it into the local calendar, which will not be synchronized.

• @rfc2822 There is no option in the Andoid calendar to select the DAVDroid calendar.

• developer

@lads:

0_1477640564072_Screenshot_20161028-094143.png

If it isn't available, there's something wrong with your calendar app or the calendar is not available (but in this case, there could be no events shown from it). Maybe have a look through your calendar app settings.

Please note that this is not within the scope of DAVdroid (although I have never heard of such problems). You may also try another calendar app.

• @rfc2822 I have a list of about a dozen different calendars. After trying each one by one I could identify those that are linked to my ownCloud account. There is no e-mail address or other symbol that can differentiate between the "Personal" calendar of the phone itself and and "Personal" of my ownCloud account.

Since I do not know the code of either the Android Calendar or DAVDroid, I can not tell why these calendars are not displayed differently as you show in the print screens. But perhaps this is something that should be investigated further.

Regards.

• i18n

@lads said in DAVDroid only downloads calendars events during synchronisation.:

There is no e-mail address or other symbol that can differentiate between the "Personal" calendar of the phone itself and and "Personal" of my ownCloud account.

It depends on what app you are using. Even different versions of the system calendar app matters. Some app will only display the calendar name, which is very confusing to select the right calendar in this case. You can try different third-party calendar manager apps that can display the info more clearly.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.