New certificate handling is sometimes annoying

• Dear developers,

I welcome the new thorough certificate handling. Having said that, would it be possible to implement a "mute"-button for the certificate check request?

The reason behind this: Every time my phone connects to a public WiFi (which it does quite frequently) and DAVDroid tries to sync, it gets the certificate from the public wifi's login page. This obviously doesn't match my DAV-server.

So I am forced to click " deny" multiple times a day. An automated denial of wrong certificates would be great in this case.

Thank you so much for this piece of software!

• developer

@Spot There should be no popup, only a notification. You can ignore that notification and it will go away after a few minutes.

• You are right concerning the popup, it is only a notification. But this time I did not click it, instead I waited for it to disappear. After two days it is still here. :-)

What I don't know is whether it does continue sync, even when I don't click away the notification.

• developer

@Spot And are you still in the public WiFI? As long as you're logged into it, DAVdroid will show the popup. If you disconnect from the network, the notification should disappear after max. 5 minutes.

• I changed networks a couple of times and at some time the device even had no connection at all. The notification stays. Seems to be the same with another device, one is Android 6 and one is 5.

But I tested, at least it syncs regardless of the notification, when internet connection is established again.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.