Events do not appear as "all day" events but as one hour events at midnight

• Hello,

Thanks a lot for developing this great application!

I'm having the following issue. I am subscribed to a calendar containing events like the following:

BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Paris:20160101
    DTEND;TZID=Europe/Paris:20160101
    DTSTAMP:20140414T160249Z
    UID:JF60
    CLASS:PUBLIC
    CREATED:20140414T160249Z
    DESCRIPTION:Jour férié: Jour de l'an
    LAST-MODIFIED:20140414T160249Z
    SEQUENCE:0
    SUMMARY:Jour férié: Jour de l'an
    TRANSP:OPAQUE
    END:VEVENT

These events show up in my calendar (stock Calendar application on CyanogenMod 13.0-20160918-NIGHTLY-oneplus3) as one hour events from midnight to 1 AM, not as full day events. Is this a bug? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

• This is most likely not a bug in icsdroid, but the generated calendar data is bad.

RFC 5545, p. 54:

For cases where a "VEVENT" calendar component specifies a "DTSTART" property with a DATE value type but no "DTEND" nor "DURATION" property, the event's duration is taken to be one day. For cases where a "VEVENT" calendar component specifies a "DTSTART" property with a DATE-TIME value type but no "DTEND" property, the event ends on the same calendar date and time of day specified by the "DTSTART" property.

See this SO post so better only use

DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20100101
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20100101

• developer

Thanks @kralo for checking the iCalendar. The default type of DTSTART is indeed DATE-TIME, so @a3nm if you want to specify a DATE, use VALUE=DATE. If you didn't generate the iCalendar yourself, please contact the one who generated it (and provide this thread as reference).

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.