Hello, I am experiencing a weird problem about synchronization of phone contacts via bluetooth with my car’s onboard computer (the SMEG of Peugeot 208, year 2012).
If I install DavDroid 0.8.x (even 0.7.x), then I sync my contacts with the OnwCloud server, and then I sync my contact via BT with my car, everything goes well.
Everything goes well even if I subsequently upgrade to DavDroid 0.9.x, edit some contacts on the OwnCloud server, sync again the phone with the server, and then sync again the phone with the car via BT.
On the contrary, sync via BT with the car does not transfer any contact if I use a fresh install of DavDroid 0.9.x. I noticed this problem because, to support Tasks through the Marten Gajda’s app, I had to uninstall DavDroid and install it again.
I wonder which difference occurs, on my Android phone contacts database, between working on a fresh 0.9.x install and working with an upgrade from either 0.7.x or 0.8.x: I am diving into the SQLite databases found in /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases but I cannot find any (apparently) significant difference.
In the following, the description of my setup.
OwnCloud 8.2.2 on Ubuntu 15.10 (PHP 5.x) - but everything goes the same way with OwnCloud 220.127.116.11 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 on another laptop.
Cyanogenmod 11M11 on Sony Xperia SP huashan (daily driver)
To perform more immediate comparisons, I am also using:
Cyanogenmod 11M12 on Sony Xperia V
and, if needed, I can also perform any test on Samsung Galaxy S5, currently running the latest nightly of Cyanogenmod 12.1 (I can test on Cyanogenmod 13.0 if needed, too).
The car’s onboard computer is the SMEG of Peugeot 208 (bought on November 2012); its system description is:
Versione del sistema
Versione del Bluetooth
Obviously, I can not modify it, as it is not open-source 😞