Thanks for this quick fix
DAVDroid crashes w/ Zimbra share calendars
DAVDroid crashes w/ Zimbra share calendars.
- get a working Zimbra plateform
- have a shared calendar in your list
- uncheck Apple iCal CalDAV option
- add a WebDAV account on your Android device
- try to update your share calendars, or even to access the calendars list, w/ shared calendars … and you’ll have an error message saying “DAVDroid crashed”
it should be helpful because I’ve got a good feeling w/ DAVDroid and I’d to be able to use it for all my DAV syncs
I don’t know where to get a Zimbra demo account for free. Can you set up a test account for us and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org?
ok email sent w/ a test account that has a shared calendar and all options correctly setted for CalDAV synchronization.
for a proof-of-concept, in DAVDroid, follow the next steps :
- add a DAVDroid Account using a Zimbra Access :
- url: XXX
- username: XXX@XXX.XX
- password: XXX
- select two calendars (one owned by you, and one shared by someone else)
- go to your calendar
- parameters > calendars to sync > calendar to sync
- check the shared calendar
- back … then DAVDroid will crash
- back again the the “calendars to sync” and DAVDroid will crash on every action until you uncheck this shared calendar from synced cals
- now try to add “Calendar” (owned by you), and everything will go fine.
This seems to be a combination of the fact that Zimbra uses colons in UIDs which is quite uncommon and a bug in the iCal4j library. Please see bug 166 in iCal4j-vcard. I think I will wait for response from the iCal4j authors.
(Reopening) URLs with : should now be handled correctly, but problems in VCard parsing will persist
Please see also http://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=84857
Waiting for feedback from Zimbra