Two Phones-One Will Not See Caldav on Noextcloud

• My wife and I both have Nexus 5x phones running Android 7. I have been using Davdroid with my Nextcloud server for calendar and contact syncing for awhile now with no problems. Today, I wanted to give my wife access to my calendars on her phone too so I bought Davdroid for her phone too. When I went to setup a new connection Davdroid using the URL and username/password, Davdroid tells me that it "Couldn't find CalDAV or CardDAV service." So I tried connecting using the IP address of my Nextcloud server to rule out DNS issues. Still did not work. Looking at the logs, I see a reference to "Method Not Allowed. The requested method PROPFIND is not allowed for the URL /index.html." I rebooted the Nextcloud server. Just to test my phone (which has been working fine for months), I entered a new calendar event using the Nextcloud web interface and then manually synced Davdroid. The event showed up immediately on my phone so I know that CalDAV is up and running on the Nextcloud server. Which leaves me at a loss as to why my wife's phone that is the same model, on the same version of Android, running the same version of Davdroid (1.3.1-gplay), is on the same LAN, and yet my phone sees the CalDAV service but hers does not. I have not updated the Linux/Nextcloud/Apache/MariaDB on the Nextcloud server since I setup my phone, so that can not be factor either.

Not sure where to go from here.

Brian

• developer

@scoobybri Did you use the URL as described on https://davdroid.bitfire.at/configuration/nextcloud/ ?

Please post the complete detection logs (you can send them to yourself over email).

• Thanks! It works using the URL on the help page you sent. It's weird that it worked before without specifying the page and directory. Oh well. It works now. Thanks again

Brian

• developer

@scoobybri You don't need to enter the path when well-known URLs are configured correctly. Maybe these have been removed or are not correct anymore.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.