How to disable the donating pop-up? (I'm donating via flattr and using F-droid)

• Is it possible to disable the donating pop-up in Davdroid?
    I donate via flattr on a monthly basis, use F-droid and don't use the Google play store at all.
    Wondered if disabling the pop-up is possible without modifying and recompiling from source.

• admin

Hello SWAT,

thank you for supporting us! But we can't disable the popup dialog since we're not tracking our users in any way... However, DAVdroid is doing its job in the background after the initial setup, so there is no need to go into the UI often. You can always build a version on your own with a disabled popup dialogue, thats the only way currently, as you wrote. If DAVdroid stays active the dialog should be only coming once.

• I've started davdroid manually quite often during the setup of my server and for testing. The donation popup is quite annoying after the third time or so. Couldn't you just set a local flag after it has been dismissed the first time? There's no need for tracking here, and it's a sensible thing to do.

• i18n

@randomuser Maybe they just don't want to let dishonest users ignore the popup... As the maintainer says:

You can always build a version on your own with a disabled popup dialogue, thats the only way currently, as you wrote.

• And, conversely, annoy users who donated anyway? This is not about dishonesty, but simple usability. I'm an OSS developer myself with a dozen active projects, so I do appreciate donations as well, but I'm going to actively annoy for it.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.