Issues with Sony Z3 Compact

• Hi. I discovered two issues with DAVdroid on my phone:

1. Can not create/edit name field of a contact card. On save it is filled with phone number and could not be updated via phone contact apps (both standard and DW Contacts).
    2. When I delete a contact on the phone it is not deleted from CardDAV server on sync. Tried on Posteo, Kolab Now and onwCloud servers.

System information:
    http://paste.fedoraproject.org/400654/2246481/

• I was wrong about second issue. At leat now all three servers reflect deletions.

• developer

Hello,

I'm quite sure that this is a problem of the Sony Contacts app. Did you try True Contacts?

• @rfc2822

True Contacts does not work in Android 6. I tried DW Contacts and Contacts+.

I looked into Mac logs and got this:

Aug  4 14:19:49 user Contacts[62540]: [CardDAVPlugin-ERROR] CardInfoFromVCardData(): Ignored vCard at /addressbooks/xxx/default/17bca700-1854-4dc1-b71d-e4f308202788.vcf because there is no UID property: "BEGIN:VCARD

To resolve this issue I just have to open contact in Posteo web interface and save it without modification.

When contact is created in the phone it is:

BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:3.0
    PRODID:+//IDN bitfire.at//DAVdroid/1.2.1-gplay vcard4android ez-vcard/0.9.1
    UID:17bca700-1854-4dc1-b71d-e4f308202788
    FN:Test 4 Posteo
    N:Posteo;Test 4;;;
    TEL;TYPE=cell:123-45
    REV:20160804T111555Z
    END:VCARD

After open and save on web:

BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:3.0
    PRODID:+//IDN bitfire.at//DAVdroid/1.2.1-gplay vcard4android ez-vcard/0.9.10
    UID:17bca700-1854-4dc1-b71d-e4f308202788
    REV:20160804T111555Z
    N:Posteo;Test 4;;;
    FN:Test 4 Posteo
    TEL;TYPE=CELL:123-45
    END:VCARD

The difference is in line break before 0:

This happens with Posteo. Kolab Now does not have this bug.

• developer

When contact is created in the phone it is:

Did you enable verbose logs in DAVdroid and have a look at what is actually uploaded by DAVdroid? I can't imagine that this malformed VCard is uploaded by DAVdroid (but who knows).

• @rfc2822

Here it is: http://pastebin.com/ib9DkpKp — break on lines 76-77.

• developer

@az said in Issues with Sony Z3 Compact:

@rfc2822

Here it is: http://pastebin.com/ib9DkpKp — break on lines 76-77.

Ah, I see. Actually, I was wrong with "malformed". This is a valid VCard property. The space (" ") in the second line indicates line folding, so the line means:

Property name: PRODID
    Property value (unfolded): PRODID:+//IDN bitfire.at//DAVdroid/1.2.1-gplay vcard4android ez-vcard/0.9.10 (which is correct – the ez-vcard version is 0.9.10)

It seems like the server is unable to parse correctly folded lines.

• developer

In our tests, Posteo is able to parse the folded PRODID correctly … we can't reproduce the problem here.

• Maybe this is related with encryption enabled for my account?

I will ask Posteo support about this issue.

• Interesting enough I have the same issue with my Z5. Additionally contact app (no matter which one I use) doesn't allow saving edited name.

When I edit the contact it saves just fine but doesn't register any changes (I edit it again and it is same as before). If I create new contact, add the name it just syncs number and uses that as a name.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this further?

• Did something happen on this issue? Is there a solution?
    I have got the mentioned problems as in the first post: Z5 and posteo.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.