"Open Tasks not installed"... although it actually is

• Hello everyone,

I installed Open Tasks from fdroid, and then DAVdroid. However, DAVdroid complains about the fact that Open Tasks isn't installed. I uninstalled DAVdroid and reinstalled it again, and the problem remains. Did the same thing with Open Tasks, still the same thing.

Here's my debug information:
    https://paste.fedoraproject.org/388738/67913488/

Thanks for your work!

Regards,

EV

• developer

Hello,

(Un)fortunately, this problem can't be reproduced here. Please provide steps to reproduce, including when exactly which error message appears.

• Hi,

The steps are the following:

1. Install OpenTasks from fdroid.
    2. Install DAVdroid from fdroid.
    3. When DAVdroid is opened, the following message appears: "OpenTasks not installed

The OpenTasks app is not available, so DAVdroid won't be able to synchronize task lists.

After installing OpenTasks, you have to RE-INSTALL DAVdroid and add your accounts again (Android bug)."

Thanks,

EV.

• developer

Hello,

I can't reproduce this on my devices. Maybe your firmware somehow doesn't allow DAVdroid to list installed packages?

• I see, interesting. The thing is I can't install a custom ROM on my device, as there are none available.
    Do you have an idea of a workaround?

Thanks for your help, and thanks again for your great work.

• It seems it does work fine when device is rooted.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.