F-Droid Version Update - "permissions of apk not equals expected permissions"

• Hi,

Since the DAVDroid update to version 1.1 (20th or 21st June) , I cannot update the app anymore. I have the error message:

"permissions of apk not equals expected permissions"

Uninstalling the app and trying to install it again doesn't help: same error.

I think, it's something related to DAVDroid because I can install and update without problems other apps.

My last installed version was the 0.9.2 (not 100% sure, I've uninstalled it).

If it can help, I've a Cyanogenmod 13 running on a Motorola Moto E 2015 (also updating the SO doesn't help). My F-Droid version is the 0.101-alpha1.

Regards ; )

• I second that error. My setup is the same besides that my current installed version is 1.1. F-Droid shows me 2 newer versions: 1.1.1 and 1.1.1.1. Both can't be installed with the same error @orco reports. My f-droid version is 0.101-alpha1

• developer

Hello,

• We don't have any influence on F-Droid. They compile our source code and provide their apk (signed by their key).
    • Also, DAVdroid permissions didn't change in the latest versions.
    • We didn't see any problems with our own binaries.

Taking all this into account, I don't think this is a DAVdroid problem.

Does the error message come from F-Droid or Android? How does it look like? Is it only when updating the app or also when installing it? Did you ask in the F-Droid forums?

Also, please provide steps to reproduce.

• UPDATE: yesterday someone opened an issue about it on F-Droid issuetracker, here is the link: link.

Does the error message come from F-Droid or Android? How does it look like? Is it only when updating the app or also when installing it? Did you ask in the F-Droid forums?

F-Droid (see the image below), Both: updating and installing. I've not asked yet, but I'm gonna do it.

Also, please provide steps to reproduce.

Steps:

• Open F-Droid,
    • search DAVDroid,
    • click Install/Update. a(t this point F-Droid downloads the apk)
    • then come the error message.

error message

• developer

@orco Seems like F-Droid doesn't interpret the API-level permissions correctly (yet). I'll tag this as 3rd-party problem.

• There is a problem in F-Droid 0.101-alpha1 with permission for SDK > 23. It even prevented updating F-Droid itself to a version that has the fix. So the fix here is to uninstall F-Droid and reinstall it again from website apk download. Then you can install/update DAVDroid to the newest version.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.