"Contacts" sync errors "Too many content provider operations"

• Since DAVdroid 1.1 and 1.1.1 (contact group support) syncing problems:

SYNCHRONIZATION INFO
    Synchronization phase: 10
    Account name: 
    Authority: com.android.contacts

EXCEPTION:
    at.bitfire.vcard4android.ContactsStorageException: Couldn't apply batch operation
    at at.bitfire.vcard4android.BatchOperation.commit(BatchOperation.java:53)
    at at.bitfire.davdroid.resource.LocalGroup.applyPendingMemberships(LocalGroup.java:187)
    at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.ContactsSyncManager.postProcess(ContactsSyncManager.java:374)
    at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.SyncManager.performSync(SyncManager.java:175)
    at at.bitfire.davdroid.syncadapter.ContactsSyncAdapterService$ContactsSyncAdapter.onPerformSync(ContactsSyncAdapterService.java:66)
    at android.content.AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter$SyncThread.run(AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter.java:259)
    **Caused by: android.content.OperationApplicationException: Too many content provider operations between yield points. The maximum number of operations per yield point is 500**
    at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionWithOperationApplicationExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:158)
    at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.applyBatch(ContentProviderNative.java:519)
    at android.content.ContentProviderClient.applyBatch(ContentProviderClient.java:400)
    at at.bitfire.vcard4android.BatchOperation.commit(BatchOperation.java:44)
    ... 5 more

SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Android version: 5.0.2 (LRX22G.G850FXXU2COI3)
    Device: Samsung SM-G850F (slte)

After syncing all contacts are completed on my smartphone, but while sorting into groups syncing stopped.

Is there a solution?

• developer

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, we didn't have any beta testers for groups, so there are probably many bugs and problems which we don't have discovered on our own.

Is it correct that you have more than ≈ 250 contacts in one group? Which server are you using?

Please post debug info, too.

• developer

Should be fixed in version 1.1.1.1. Can you please confirm that?

• I do not have more than 500 contacts in one group. I have about 20 groups and maximun 390 contacts in one group. All together about 3.000 contacts in 2 Adressbooks. Posteo is my server and works fine with 1.0.9.2 with turned off "RFC6868" on Android 5.02, iPhone iOS 9 and OS 10.11.5.
    I tried both: "per-contact categories" and "contact group method", nothing works.

I download the app only from f-droid. I am not able to compile by myself. So I have to wait until tomorrow. Then I can download 1.1.1.1 from f-droid. Or can you sent me an link? I try then in the evening.

• developer

I tried both: "per-contact categories" and "contact group method", nothing works.

According to our tests, Posteo doesn't support CardDAV groups, i.e. the groups you can assign in the Web interface won't be applied to the CardDAV contacts.

Could you provide some detailed information how you assigned the groups? Did you do that on your device?

I download the app only from f-droid. I am not able to compile by myself. So I have to wait until tomorrow. Then I can download 1.1.1.1 from f-droid. Or can you sent me an link? I try then in the evening.

1.1.1.1 should be available in F-Droid, soon.

• On Posteo server, there are no groups defined (it is not really possible). Groups are only created on my OS X 10.11.5. No groups created on iPhone or Android. On Android and iPhone I can see all my groups.

• @rfc2822 Yes, I can confirm syncing in version 1.1.1.1 works fine now.
    Thank you very much for fixing so fast! It motivates me to continue to donate regularly.

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.