The workaround worked for me too (owncloud 8.1 and davroid 0.8.4).
Exported the contacts from owncloud, removed with a text editor all the @ part in the UUID and then reimported.
DAVdroid 1.1 has been released
Contact group support:
- support both “real groups”, i.e. group contacts, and CATEGORIES
- new account setting: contact group method + UI
Have a look at our server configuration pages to see which contact group method is supported by your server!
Please note that group support is limited by firmware on many devices, see FAQ: Why can’t I create/edit/view contact groups on my device?
- keep unknown properties when saving/generating VCards
- improved cookie handling (fixes problems with Nextcloud)
- new translations
- add yield points to allow processing of groups with many contacts