ConnectException when connecting to Synology over WiFi

• Dear community, I try to connect my tablet with my own synology calDAV-server.
    With thunderbird / lightning on ubuntu it runs perfectly over month.

On the tablet it runs DAVdroid and OpenTasks and also I import the servers certificate with CAdroid.
    On the tablet I get the message 'Es konnte weder ein calDAV noch ein cardDAV Dienst gefunden werden' something like 'no calDAV or no cardDAV client found'.
    What I have to do?

This is the protocol from DAVdroid (domain changed)
    0_1464426868504_davdroid-debug1517061776.txt

• developer

2016-05-28 10:00:20 4 [ui.setup.DavResourceFinder] PROPFIND/OPTIONS on user-given URL failed
    EXCEPTION java.net.ConnectException: Failed to connect to sub.domain.de/31.123.456.789:5006

DAVdroid is not allowed to connect to the server. It seems like Android is prohibiting the connection, or there's another reason why the connection failed. Maybe some background data restriction, firewall, network problems, etc?

It's not related to Synology/DAVdroid itself.

• thank you for this hint.
    quotation: "It seems like Android is prohibiting the connection"
    The tablet is a new one, I start to setup for use.

Do you have any ideas where I can find the right markings I have to change?
    Or googles android ver. 5.1 restrict such connections (of course for safety reasons)?

• developer

Are you sure that 31.123.456.789:5006 is reachable, and that it's reachable from your tablet's connection? Do you use WiFi?

• Of course the IP 31.123.456.789 does not exist/ is not in use (also sub.domain). For public discussion I change it. First I did a mistake in the URL, in this case I got a hint for wrong URL.

I'm using DDNS and with thunderbird / lightning on ubuntu it runs perfectly about months and it is reachable (I checked before and after I took the protocol).

Yes the tablet is connected over WiFi. The FritzBox has not set any NET restrictions for WiFi, all protocols are allowed.

• developer

@andreas-4 said in no calDav or no cardDAV client found / Es konnte weder calDAV noch cardDAV Dienst gefunden werden:

Of course the IP 31.123.456.789 does not exist/ is not in use (also sub.domain). For public discussion I change it. First I did a mistake in the URL, in this case I got a hint for wrong URL.

Ah, the IP isn't even valid. I didn't have a look at it, just copied it… so, are you sure the IP address/port from your error message is reachable from your WiFi connection?

I'm using DDNS and with thunderbird / lightning on ubuntu it runs perfectly about months and it is reachable (I checked before and after I took the protocol).

Unfortunately, I can't provide much help with this problem because it's not a problem within DAVdroid.

Can you access your server with the tablet Web browser?

• Your hint "Can you access your server with the tablet Web browser?" was a good one. It was not possible to connect. Finally the permissions was not well set.

Now I am connected without errors! Also the synchronization with DavDroid is working.
    But, how I see my dates? With the android calender? A other one?

• developer

@andreas-4 said in ConnectException when connecting to Synology over WiFi:

Your hint "Can you access your server with the tablet Web browser?" was a good one. It was not possible to connect. Finally the permissions was not well set.

Which permissions? This could be interesting for others.

Now I am connected without errors! Also the synchronization with DavDroid is working.
    But, how I see my dates? With the android calender? A other one?

Any calendar app which uses the Android API should do. For instance, Android calendar, but there are plenty of other ones.

• Permissions at the Synology-server:
    The external access (from the Internet) I handle with the Directory Server from Synology. With the Control Panel below File Sharing, click on the button Domain/LDAP. There you see the button LDAP-users and LDAP-group. You will find all users and groups you define with the Directory Server. Select your group (and user) you will connect. Check the permission of the path and directory of the calDAV location. The group/user need access.
    -> And check also at the tab Application you have to allow the WebDAV Server!
    (This is the one I did not set.)

• Now, I got it! Thank you and I will donate you.

• admin

Alright :-) Good that you solved it now. We appreciate your donation! Thanks in advance :blush:

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.