REFUSED_STREAM on AOSP 6 chinese (but not on AOSP 4 French)



  • Hello,

    I encounter a problem to register an account in Davdroid: I get REFUSED_STREAM when connecting. The funny thing is: This is not working on an Android 6 / MIUI phone (chinese), but on my old nexus 4 with AOSP (french), it's working perfectly with same credentials.
    I've seen the same error concerning HTTP/2 in this forum, and I have tried deactivating HTTP/2 to test, but the problem still persists.

    • Logs here
    • Steps to reproduce:
      • Create an account ("+" button)
      • Choose "Custom URL"
      • Enter URL and credentials, uncheck "preventive authentication"
      • After some waiting, an error message appears (no caldav/cardav found)
    • Configurations:
      • Server: Raspberry Pi, Archlinux, Nginx 1.10.0 (HTTP/2 enabled but not mandatory), SabreDav
      • Failing device: XiaoMi 3 , Android 6.0.1, Chinese locale; Davdroid 1.0.8 installed via APK (furnished by F-Droid)
      • Working device: Nexus 4 , AOSP / Android 4.4.4, French locale; Davdroid 1.0.8 installed via F-Droid

    Have you maybe a clue to solve this?
    Thanks a lot (and thanks for DavDroid! :grin: )


  • developer

    Please follow up in nginx HTTP/2 incompatible with okhttp. You'll have to disable HTTP/2 on your server completely, otherwise okhttp (and thus DAVdroid) will try to use it and fail.


  • developer

    I have reopened the thread for further discussion.

    REFUSED_STREAM is a HTTP/2 thing. "Streams" have been introduced with HTTP/2 and SPDY (I wonder why they didn't use SCTP) and there is no such thing for HTTP/1.1. So, it should not be possible that a REFUSED_STREAM error is related to anything else than HTTP/2 (or SPDY).

    Did you try to completely disable mod_http2 and mod_spdy in the server (= unloading the modules / compiling it without those modules)?

    Why does it work with your other device: I don't know. Maybe okhttp decides to not use HTTP/2 on this device for some reason, or there's some other configuration detail which doesn't let this error appear. Without verbose and exact debugging, I can't tell you why.



  • Thanks a lot for completing your answer! :relaxed:

    I've tried to disable HTTP/2 on my server like this:

    server {
    #    listen 443 ssl http2;
        listen 443 ssl;
        server_name dav.mydomain.tld;
        root /srv/http/sabredav/;
    [...]
    

    ...but after further investigations today, I oddly found that my server was still considered as HTTP/2 enabled for dav.mydomain.tld... (test of domain with https://tools.keycdn.com/http2-test )

    I will try soon to disable http/2 everywhere in nginx, to see if it works, and follow the issue with okhttp.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Bitfire App Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.